Chapter 9

Thirty seven POV:
—————————————————————————
There she was.
In my grasp. I could have easily taken her down.
She wasn't alone.
'So that's who's hiding her.' I thought.
I had been crouched down in the bushes. Dr. Kazuzu had given me special instructions to retrieve Thirteen and kill anyone that aids her.
From what I already know she is in a current state of rest. I can knock her out but I can't do too much damage.
Don't want Bartholomew taking over.
As I watched her fill some sack with water, the man accompanying her starts looking around.
I smirked.
'Hm. Seems mr. handsome senses me.'
Just as the thought went through my head Thirteen's head shot up.
I held my breath.
She was staring in my direction. Though she couldn't see me, I could feel her eyes piercing through me.
She was so pretty.
I gritted my teeth. I couldn't understand why the Doctor fancied her so much.
I watched her intensely. I could feel my hatred bubbling the longer I watched her.
I was just as powerful as her yet I was always after her.
Though she was the only one to survive eye transfusion, I survived a blood transfusion. Just as dangerous as the eye transfusion, only difference is my personal appearance mutated to that of a demon's.
  I gripped my weapon tighter.
The Doctor gave me this large scythe to use as a means of defending myself or killing anyone in my way to Thirteen.
Just as I was ready to go in for the kill, the man called Thirteen and she quickly went to his side.
I took a closer look at the man.
His halberd looked like it weighed a ton yet this mere human wields it like nothing.
'What luck I have.' I grinned, 'Thirteen has no control over her demon. Heh, in this state it will be like killing a child. She can't activate like I can. I'm stronger than her, faster than her, better than HER.'
"Thirty seven, have you located Thirteen?" I hear.
I turned to see Twenty nine walking towards me. When I turned back Thirteen and the man were gone. I growled at the lost opportunity.
My crimson eyes burning into the exact location where she just was.
I stood up from my hiding spot and began walking towards Twenty nine.
"She was in my view. Just as I was about to go in for the kill, YOU distract me and now she got away."
I snapped at him.
Twenty nine was another mutated human like Thirteen and I.
Unfortunately for him he was mutated to a wolf demon and now has the body of a wolf from the waist down.
He was strong but no where compared to me and not even close to Thirteen. But he was fast.
I mounted him.
"Let's head to base camp. Rest up than report back to the Doctor. After We will keep a distance from Thirteen until she is alone. The man she was with.. there is something off about him.. him and that halberd."
"Yes Thirty seven."
Twenty nine quickly took off to our base camp.
  I couldn't stop thinking of Thirteen. How deeply I wished to see that cute face of hers twisted in agony.
Not only will the doctor reward me but I'll be able to perform her punishment.
I smiled at the thought. I had my scythe to kill others but a special whip to keep Thirteen under control.
She was one of the most powerful of us. The doctor wanted to create a race of enhanced humans.
Stronger than humans and stronger than demons. The doctor was such a smart man. He gave Thirteen strength and that bitch runs off.
I growled deeply.
"I want to kill her."
"Thirty seven.."
I lock eyes with Twenty nine. We always had a unique bond. He always seemed to know what I was feeling despite my expressionless face.
"She was right there! So close yet so far!" I scream as I punched a tree.
"I know Thirty seven. But you must keep your cool." He calmly replied.
I scoffed.
"Yeah, yeah I know."
She may have slipped from me but next time our paths cross, I'll destroy her.
———————————————————————-