Chapter 3

Thirteen POV:
One swipe is all it took. One swipe of the mysterious man's halberd and all of the guards chasing me were dead. I gasped and quickly attempted to escape while the 7 men were distracted with the easy kill. I shuffled to my feet and bolted. Two steps and one man with long sharp claws pinned me down on my stomach, "Where do you think you're running off too?" He said in a menacing voice. I was shaking, each man radiated power and strength. Like they could kill me any second. Just as I blinked the halberd blade was pierced into the ground inches from my face. I let out a light yelp. "So girl covered in blood and shit, care to explain the group of jackasses that chased you all the way out here?" The man That killed the guards was now crouched in front of me, one hand on his halberd and the other resting on his knee. I studied his face as he studied mine. "Are you going to answer me or do I need to resort to other methods to get you speaking?" He said with a smirk. Though he was smirking at me I sensed danger from him. I could feel through the air how powerful he was. And even that wasn't accurate. The man with the claws was still pinning me down. I couldn't move a muscle. "Get her to her feet Suikotsu." He said as he stood. The man he called Suikotsu grabbed me by the back of my kimono and pulled me up. My feet dangling as he lifted me. "You better answer him now girl." Suikotsu said. I quickly looked around at the men. The first one was the 8 ft tall man I first noticed. He looked almost undead. I looked at the next one, he was short wearing all white with a white mask covering his face, next was the machine looking man, than the bald man with a serious expression on his face. As soon as I made eye contact with the bald man another man grabbed my face aggressively and turned it towards him. This man was different than the others. He was more feminine. "Are you going to answer wench or just stare?" The woman looking man barked. "They're guards...looking for me..." I said quietly. I was shaking so bad. I was terrified. I've never knew of life outside those walls. I never knew that people this powerful existed. Each man radiated danger and power but it was almost nothing compared to the man with the giant halberd. "Do you have a name little girl?" The short man with the white masked questioned me while lightly touching my kimono. I shivered, this man gave me the creeps. "Thirteen." I mumbled. He looked up at me and removed his mask. He looked almost toad like with red marking tattoos around his face and eyes. "A number for a name huh? How strange but I'll accept it since you're such a beauty! I could always use a wife!" He said with a big grin. The man named Suikotsu put me down so my feet reached the ground but kept my arms pinned to my back with one hand. I tried to break from his grip but the men just laughed at my struggle. I was so weak, I couldn't put up a fight. "Where are you headed girl?" The bald man said. He had purple tattoos on each side of his face and a small crest like tattoo on his forehead. He glared at me waiting my answer. "S-south..." I whispered. I was so scared that my voice was quiet and shaken. "Well what a coincidence, we're headed south." The leader said. He grabbed my face and tilted upwards so our eyes met. His grip was rough but slightly gentle. He got a little closer. "So Thirteen, you were chased by some guards from wherever the hell you're from and I killed them. So I believe you now owe me a debt for saving your life." He said with a smirk. "A debt?" I asked tilting my head to the side. The leader put his hands on his hips. "Yes, a debt. My services aren't free nor are they cheap. I'm a mercenary, I kill for money." He pointed to the pile of dead guards. "And I killed them...for you." He said now pointing back at me. "M-money? I have nothing of the sort." I say quietly. "Than we'll have to find another way." He said looking me up and down. I blushed a deep red as his eyes traveled up and down my body. "Any suggestions men?" He turns to his companions with a smirk. "I have an idea." The toad like man said with the same creepy grin he had before. "She could be my wife!" He said cheerfully. The leader laughed at the idea. "I think a servant would be nice." The bald man says to the leader. "She can always do the stuff we don't like doing. She could cook, clean our weapons, perform other duties." He says with smirking at me. The leader looked at me and smiled slyly. "Heh, I think we can benefit from that. Have her do the shit we don't like doing. You can let her go now Suikotsu." Suikotsu nods and releases me. I stumble to the ground in front of the leader. I quickly stand up in front of him. Still visibly shaking he extends out his hand. "You will be our servant until you're debt is paid or until I decide to get rid of you." A shiver goes down my spine when he said that. "Renkotsu, go ahead and introduce us, I'm going to see which way we need to go." With that he quickly jumped into the trees and disappeared. The bald man cleared his throat catching my attention. "The man that just left is our leader, Bankotsu. I am second in command, Renkotsu." He pointed to the tall zombie like man, "This is Kyōkotsu." The machine man, "Ginkotsu." The toad like man, "Mukotsu." The man with sharp claws, "Suikotsu." Than last was the womanly man who has been glaring at me since Bankotsu killed the guards. "And last but not least, this is Jakotsu. We are the band of Seven." I lightly bowed to them. 'These men smell like blood, that means they kill often. Do they intend to kill me as soon as I have paid my debt?' I thought to myself. Bankotsu soon joined us from in the trees. He landed right next to Jakotsu. "Alright men. Let's get moving." He said sternly. He walked passed me, "let's go." He said to me. Almost like I was in a trance I turned on my heel and followed him.

—————————————————
Editor note: Hello everyone! Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Yay! Now that we have met the band of seven and ultimately became their servant the real fun can begin! I do warn that this story from here till the end will have some adult content and sceneries so brace yourselves or don't cause I'm not a dictator! Lol just kidding. Yikes. Anyways happy reading!