Chapter 39

Catya POV:

——————————————————————————

"Catya!"

The voice was faint. Like a whisper in the breeze.
My whole body ached, my head pounding and my eyes stung as dust and debris settled in the cave. The air was thick and hard to breath. I couldn't move. Something heavy laid on me keeping me from moving.

"Catya! Hold on I'm coming!"

Suddenly a small light illuminated my eyes as Aname and Mayu lifted a heavy rock that enclosed me.

Mayu quickly pulled me out before Aname dropped the rock with a loud thud.

"What happened?" I mumbled as I rubbed my pounding temples.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the cave. Fear began to creep into me, into my soul. It was dark. Very dark.

"Bankotsu?" I started to call for him.

Aname lit a torch illuminating the cave.
Mayu gripped onto my arm in fear. I glanced around quickly realizing that we had been separated from the men.

"Oh no! Nami what do we do?! How do we get out?! What if the flame goes out?! What if we starve! What do we do?! Oh no we're gonna die here!" Mayu continued. Complaint after complaint. She was terrified. Mayu has no combat skills and no survival skills. She was dead weight.

I walked around searching for my small bag that contained the magic stones Watari gave me and my collection.

"Here it is!" I found it! Under some few rocks I found my bag and with further inspections the stones were in perfect condition. A few of my eyes broke from the impact but I was glad it was only a few.

"Nami, this says fire right?" I ask her holding up a red stone with what I believe said fire.

"Yeah." She comfirmed.

I held the stone close to my chest, squeezing my hand tight to break the stone.

Fire exploded from my hand quickly surrounding and engulfing me in the flames. Oddly enough the flames didn't hurt. It felt as though a strong current is surrounding me, grazing my clothes and skin with whipping winds.

The stone absorbed into my body and the flames began shifting the adjust to my power.
The red, yellow and orange flames began darkening, turning the bright flames into an iridescence of lavender, silver and outlined with ebony.

The force blew out Aname's torch but the flame in my hand lite up the cave with a light purple glow.

"Guess we don't have to worry about losing light." Aname says with a chuckle.

"I still have my katana! Awesome!" Aname announces as she held up her sword.

"What was that light?" I asked.

"I don't know but it wounded Toboggan really badly. He took off quickly leaving us trapped." She sighed.

"Great. We're trapped in a cave and Bankotsu is nowhere to be seen to come and save us!" Mayu groaned.

"He'll find us. But we shouldn't stay in one spot." I tell them.

"She's right. Let's see where this cave leads. I'm sure Bankotsu is doing the same with the guys." Aname says.

We walked for what felt like forever. Calling out to anyone. We walked closely together to keep pace and to keep warm.

"Can we take a little break?" Mayu begged.