Chapter 2

Thirteen POV:

Water gushing all around me. I couldn't breath and it felt as I was being dragged down into the cold rushing water. I gasped as I swam to the surface. I was flowing down stream and couldn't stop. I was barely able to keep my head from going under as I kept going faster and faster down the river. I was in full panic, I've never been outside the facility and the first few seconds on the outside, I'm speeding down a river with no end. Each breathe i take more and more water flows in. 'I'm going to die in this river if I don't figure something out and quick' I thought to myself. With just the right amount of luck I came across a broken tree. Right when i passed the tree i grabbed a branch and pulled myself onto the tree. I quickly climbed to the ground. I stood up and looked at the facility. It looked so big and haunting. The dark grey bricks of the building had mold collecting on it, the roof was a dark brown color that had begun rotting. I noticed how little windows there were. 'Luck sure is on my side.' I smile at the thought. I looked up at the sky. The once orange and pink sky was now a deep violet and blue color littered with white dots. It was cold and dark, the tall trees looked scary. I suddenly heard voices and dogs barking. My eyes widen, "Oh no! They found me.." I quickly turned on my heel and ran in the opposite direction of the facility. I kept running until I could no longer hear the voices and even than I kept running. I tripped on a branch sticking out from the ground and landed right on my face. "Ouch.." I sat on my legs rubbing my head. I look up and see a big clearing. Wind blowing through the soft grass. I stand up and start walking across. Far in the distance I start to notice a large man. But this man was different than how the guards at the facility, he looks demonic and standing over 8 ft tall. This is the first time I've ever seen another person from the outside. I crouch down in the tall parts of the grass. 'If someone sees me with all this blood on me they will take me back to the facility.' I kept a sharp eye on the tall man as he passes by. 'He's wearing full amour.' I thought to myself as I scanned the man. I then notice that he is not alone. Six other men were walking with him. They were talking and laughing amongst themselves. All of a sudden one man stops in his tracks. This man had long black hair in a braid going down his back, white clothes with blue amour and a sash around his waist. 'H-his sword' my eyes widened at the sight of his halberd. It was the biggest, heaviest looking sword I had ever seen yet he's holding it with one hand. He turns in my direction. I gasp as I looked at him. 'He's so handsome..' I blushed at the thought. I scanned him up and down. He had a purple four point star on his forehead and cobalt blue eyes. His eyes scanned the area and started walking in my direction. 'Oh no, he's walking in my direction! Should I start running? No he'll see me and judging by the weapons these men have they will surely kill me. Damn it what should I do?!' I bit down on my lip trying to think of an escape route. The man points his sword exactly where I was hiding. 'Shit.' At that moment our eyes locked and a shiver went down my spine.
"Show yourself! Or I come to you!" He yelled out. He looked ready to kill. I gulped and began to rise.
————————————————————————-
Bankotsu POV:

We had been walking through the forest for the last couple of hours. We had just finished a mission and on our way to the next. "Big brother, it's starting to get dark. Would you want to stop and camp for the night?" Renkotsu asked me. "Let's cross this field than find a cave to settle in for the night." I respond. He nodded and we continued. "So Bankotsu what's our next mission? Do we get to kill people?!" Jakotsu asked with the biggest smile. I chuckled, "We sure are! I haven't worked out all the details but from what I know of so far is that we're raiding an enemy village. The lord that hired us said he'll have a guy waiting for us." I replied. "Hey maybe we can score ourselves a few whores!" Suikotsu laughed out. We all shared a laugh. Than I felt a presence. I stopped in my tracks. 'I feel like someone is watching me.' I thought to myself as I turned to the direction I felt the eyes coming from. I scanned the field. It was dark and as a cloud past the moon I saw someone. Their eyes bright green and red. I pointed Banryū in the direction of the cat like eyes. "Show yourself! Or I come to you!" I yell to the person hiding. I glare my eyes, ready to kill whoever it was sneaking up on us. Everyone was ready to attack. A girl slowly stands up. I lower my weapon and study the strange girl in front of me. She looked about a year or two younger than me, lavender hair cascading down her slender body down to her hips. She had dirt covering her cute face with blood splatter on her white kimono. Her red and green eyes staring straight into mine. I was lost in a daze for this mysterious girl had to be the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Most women either would have tried to run away or cower at the sight of dangerous men like us. "Who are you?" I yell to her. She doesn't say anything, just continues staring at me, never breaking eye contact. "So I'm guessing the blood on you isn't yours huh?" I ask curiously. She lightly shakes her head no. I walk up to her and my men followed. We all circled around her. She started to get anxious. "Mind telling me what a pretty girl like yourself is doing all alone in the middle of the woods?" I ask as I circled closely around her while running my hand through her hair. "Running." She answering quietly. "Hm what are you running from?" I ask while smelling her soft hair. 'Even her hair smells like lavender.' I drop the lock of hair. She shivers lightly. Just I was about to ask her another question I see a a small group of soldiers running from behind us. As soon as I saw the soldiers so did the lavender haired girl. She went into a panic, "how could they have found me?" She mumbles with a shaky voice. The soldiers are now just a few feet away from us with their weapons drawn. "Get away from that weapon of a girl!" One of them yells at me. "Weapon of a girl huh?" I say as I smirked at the girl. She looked terrified. I turn my attention back to the men. "Step aside and let us collect the girl!""Don't be stupid, boy!" Two of the men yelled at me. "And if I don't want to give her to you? What will you do?" I ask with a smirk. The man who addressed me first answered, "Then you will die right here and now." I chuckled, "bring it on."