Chapter 48

Catya POV:

——————————————————————————-

The sun was shining but the breeze was cold.

"What's with this coldness!?" I complained, shivering.

"The season is changing. I am surprised there hasn't been snow yet." Renkotsu answered.

"Quit complaining! It's not that cold." Jakotsu says with a smirk.

I send him a glare to which he just stuck out his tongue.

With a sigh I turned and looked at the landscape. The leaves of the trees were gone and dead looking, the sky was gray and everything seemed so..lifeless.

Bankotsu was walking ahead of us. He had been a little distant lately. Still trying to get around to my pregnancy. I was glad that he didn't find comfort in another woman and that at the end of the night he would sleep with me.

I smiled softly to myself.
He may be a quick tempered and violent man but he was caring and sweet. At least to me he was.

Aname said that he's always been like that. He can be sweet, charming and funny but within a second he'll break your neck.

I wonder how long they have known each other.

Bankotsu turned his head to glance at me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh, yes! Just lost in my own head." I smiled.

"You tired, hungry?" He asked with an awkward expression.

I nodded with a smile.

"I'm fine."

He nodded and continued walking.

I tilted my head to the side.
He hadn't spoken for over an hour and that was the first thing he said? Checking on me?

After another two hours of walking and small talk my feet began to swell.

I stopped and rested my hands on my knees, trying to steady my breathing.

"Okay, I'm tired." I say with an exaggerated expression.

"Oh my god, thank you! I'm fucking exhausted." Jakotsu agreed with a loud sigh.

We set up camp in a small clearing in the forest. I rolled myself into a furry blanket to keep warm while Renkotsu started the fire.

Bankotsu, Jakotsu, Suikotsu And Kyokotsu went out to hunt for food and demons while we stayed at camp.

"So little lady," mukotsu starts catching my attention.

"Yes sir?" I respond.

"How has the little bean feel? I always wanted children. I had a wife once but she was a baron bitch so I put her out of her misery." He said sadly.

I scooted next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Oh you poor thing. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a better bitch to give you children." I say to cheer him up. I hated seeing him upset. I hated seeing any of them upset.

He lifted his arm and ran his hand through my bangs.

"Yes, there will always be something better! You didn't answer my question though?" He says with amusement.

I blinked before grinning.

"Oh! Little bean is growing good! It keeps me hungry and sometimes makes my body hurt but when I hear it's heartbeat nothing else matters." I say cupping my small bump.