Chapter 33

Bankotsu POV:

——————————————————————————-

I was panting hard.
Running as fast as I could after the boar I was chasing.
Snow was falling all around me as my feet padded through.

A bloody knife in one hand and a rope in the other. I had managed to wound the big pig but not be able to deal the final blow.

"Bankotsu!" My father called out in the distance.

I wasn't stopping till I got the damn pig.

The boar was tiring out I could tell as the small trail of blood grew, staining the white snow a dark crimson.

I smirked.
The boar was breathing heavily as I circled it.

The giant pig roared and squealed before charging at me. With the knife still in my small hand I charged at the boar.

Pain shot through my whole body as the big pig bashed into me.

"Got you, you bastard!" I screamed as I drove the knife into it's neck.

The boar had pushed us off a small hill which I hadn't realized until I was rolling downwards with a bloody dead pig rolling with me.

I rolled and hit a snow covered tree trunk, promptly launching me into the air before falling roughly into the snow.

Lifting my face out of the snow I saw that there was a large smudge of the deep crimson color followed by a deep pain in my temple.

"Damn it." I cursed.

"Where am I?" I questioned to myself.

"Dad?!" I called out but no response.

Wincing once again at the shooting pain in my head. I cover the aching spot with my hand. Bringing my hand down, just as I expected, my hand was covered in blood.

I looked around to see where I was. I was mostly surrounded by trees but in the close distance I saw an old run down looking castle with high walls and very few windows.

I began walking through the shin deep snow towards this mysterious building.

'What is that place?' I thought the closer I got to the dark grey and gloomy looking castle.

"Someone at the window?" I whispered as I narrowed my eyes at the flash of purple-white bobbing up and down.

I had reached the edge of the Forrest near the building.

The closer I looked I noticed that the single small window had metal bars blocking whatever from getting in or getting out.

Suddenly small pale hands clasped onto the metals bars before I saw what had caught my eye moments before.

Purple-white Hair.
Lavender hair.

My eyes widened. A girl poked her head up. She smiled at the little white flower that was growing from a crack in the window's corner.

Her eyes were mesmerizing. One eye was the brightest emerald green color I had ever seen and the other...a blood red color. Her hair was a soft shade of lavender, from far away it looked white but focusing on her I could see the pale shades of purple that was the mysterious girl's hair.

She looked to be maybe a year or two under me. I was only ten years old and I've always been told I was a ladies man, never got nervous around them. But at this moment I was frozen.

It felt weird. This one lonesome girl had taken my mind off of the pain in my head along with my breath.

Taking a step forward the girl must have sensed me. In a moment that seemed to last forever her eyes locked with mine. She watched me as intensely as I watched her. This girl had to be the prettiest girl I had ever seen.