Chapter 8: Missing, now Found

Drake's POV

What? No, it's impossible... or is it? This man is Lily's brother?

"Confused, Alpha?" The rogue chuckles, most, if not all, of his previous anger suddenly gone. "Lily's my younger sister."

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Eric Heart," the man replies. "So can I see Jason and Rita or not? I have a few matters to discuss with them."

"Like what?" Darren says.

"Why they let the pack abuse all of their children," Eric growls hatefully.

"All their children? How many did they have?"

Eric looks disgusted and angry but also upset and sad. Really sad.

"15," he says, his voice reflecting the emotions on his face.

"What?!" I cry.

My warriors and Beta look equally shocked.

"They're all dead," Eric continues. "Every one of them was tortured, including me. My brothers and sisters before me died either from the pack or suicide. I've been told most of them were suicide."

I stare at him, shocked. Darren and the warrior wolves are doing the same.

"Can I see my sperm donor and his ugly dog of a mate yet?" Eric asks.

"Fine, let him go," I instruct my warriors. "You're dismissed."

They nod and leave. I turn to my mate's brother.

"Don't try anything stupid," I warn.

"Unless attacking the remaining members of Nightmoon pack counts, then you can be certain I won't do anything stupid," Eric says. "I wanted to join Bloodlust pack anyway, to get closer to my sister again."

"What do you mean 'again?'" Darren asks as we start walking towards the pack prison.

"Lily is only a year younger than me," Eric begins. "We were close, even through what Nightmoon did to us. She started to cut herself a day before I tried to escape with her. When I saw her with the blade, I knew I had to get her away from there."

"When was that and what happened?" I asks. Eric falls quiet. He crosses his arms and looks at the ground. This only makes me even more curious. When Eric looks up at Darren and I again, he looks shaken and sad. There are a few tears gathering in his eyes but they still flash with anger and hate. "It's OK if you don't want to tell us just yet."

Lily's brother gives a small, grateful smile. Then something crosses his mind and he frowns.

"Has she spoken?" he asks.

This time, I know he's talking about Lily.

"Yeah," Darren answers. "Why?"

Eric looks relieved but doesn't answer. We reach the pack prison and all of our faces become grim. I can tell we all feel angry. After all, Lily is Darren's Luna, Eric's sister and my mate.

Our pack's prison is mostly underground, with a network of tunnels. It's pretty easy to get lost inside. We make sure that whoever goes in either knows or is accompanied by someone who knows their way through the tunnels. A few rogues have once gotten out of their cells, gotten lost and then been caught wandering through the tunnels a day later.

I'm the first to go inside, giving a polite nod to the guards stationed at the door.

"Alpha," one says.

Darren and Eric follow me. Together, we head down the stairs and enter the underground tunnels. None of us speak, but it's far from quiet. The shouts of angry werewolves echo through the long stone corridors, merging together until the words being shouted are no longer understandable.