Chapter 19: Promise and Return

Thank you for commenting you answer on the last part. Anyway, this chapter is mostly from Drake's perspective, and about him and his family.

Above is Drake's promise to Lily.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Eric's POV

To say I'm surprised is a bit of an understatement.

I mean, what a way to find out both of your best friends are gay. I don't mind that they are, they just never told me if they realized that they're attracted to the same gender as themselves. But I'm happy for them.

I watch as Luke and the twin I think is Nick embrace each other. The other twin and Cam embrace as well. I see Lily smile slightly as she looks at them. Darren has a curious expression on his face as he watches the two pairs of mates.

I don't think Drake even notices what's happening with my best friends and my older brothers. He's too busy staring at Lily, and lost in his own thoughts.

While Luke, Cam, Nick and Axel are busy introducing themselves to each other, I try to go over to Lily. I say try because she screams when she notices me coming closer to her so I stop moving towards her and stand still.

Her scream draws Drake out of his thoughts and causes him to immediately be on alert, looking for any sign of danger. Drake sees me further in the cave, closer to Lily and seems to understand why she screamed. Drake and Darren both come over to stand beside me.

"I wouldn't do that," says Nick. I guess Lily's scream caught his attention too. "With what she's been through, and what she's heard from the Alpha and Little Bro, I'd say she has a right to be scared."

Drake grimaces. "How much did she hear? Did she tell you?"

The twins nod.

"She heard most of it," Axel says. "From 'I know you don't, but they know,' to the threat that keeps circling in her head."

You messed up, my wolf, Rico, sings.

I can tell he's trying to lighten my mood, but it isn't helping.

Drake grimaces again and looks at Lily. She looks down, out of both fear of him, and fear of being hit if she's caught looking at him, probably because she think he's her superior.

"Lily... You know I'd never hurt you," Drake whispers. Lily doesn't make any movement to respond. "Lily, please, I'm sorry." Still no answer. When he speaks next, I can tell he's getting impatient and frustrated. "Will you at least look at me? Just stop being so damn scared of everything!"

This causes Lily to whimper, but she raises her head to look at him.

"Sorry, Alpha," she mumbles.

I see Nick and Axel watching Drake, seeing what he'll do, and they're ready to protect Lily if she needs it. Darren looks from Drake to Lily, and back again, torn between siding with his Alpha and best friend or defending his Luna. Luke and Cam are just watching from sidelines, clearly not going to do anything unless absolutely necessary. I'm on the same page as the twins.

"Just forget it," Drake says, his voice still frustrated, but otherwise emotionless.

With that, he turns and leaves the cave, leaving us staring at his retreating back.

Drake's POV

Stupid, I think as I walk through the forest, away from my mate. Why did I not notice her scent there before? I'm so stupid.