Chapter 40: Arriving Alphas

Lily's POV

One more day until the battle.

One more day until either I have my mate back or he kills me.

The twins told us about that conversation and honestly, I'm scared. To be killed by the one I love... It's something no one wants.

But I have to be there. I have to be on the battlefield, not only to try and help my pack, but because I need to make Drake remember. The others were all reluctant to agree when the twins suggested it, but they did. If Drake doesn't remember, he'll attack and probably kill members of his own pack.

So that makes it hard. I have to break the walls in Drake's mind blocking his memories before he kills me.

We did end up letting Nightmoon pack out of the cells. They've been given an empty wing in the pack house and Darren's asked the whole pack to keep an eye on them and report any suspicious behavior. The orphaned kids are being cared for by our pack and it hasn't actually been too bad.

Zero is staying with Jamie and I and he seems genuinely happy. He trusts all of us, which surprises me. When I asked him, he said that he tries to always trust before mistrusting. He and Jamie have grown close, especially since Jamie won't leave Zero alone.

The other Alphas are arriving today, but their Betas, Gammas, Deltas and warriors will be coming tomorrow - except Alpha Asher who is bringing his beta with him today - so that Zane doesn't get suspicious. Nick says Zane will most likely make the attack at dawn or midnight, so everyone is training hard but also making sure they don't tire themselves out.

Jamie, Zero and I are at the pack house, helping to prepare the guest rooms for the Alphas. I make the bed while Jamie and Zero fluff up the pillows. Some of the maids are organizing the en suite bathroom.

Lily, Alpha Blake Slade is here, Darren says.

OK, I'll be there in a minute, I reply.

"Who was that?" Jamie asks, looking at me from his place sitting in the middle of the bed.

"Darren," I answer. "Alpha Blake is here. Do you and Zero want to come meet him?"

Jamie looks at Zero, waiting for his answer. Zero nods, a small smile on his face. Jamie grins and hops off the bed, heading for the door. I take Zero's hand and he walks beside me.

We head out to the front of the pack house to where Darren, Eric, Luke and Cam are talking with the man who must be Alpha Blake, along with four girls. Jamie stands beside me and tries to coax Zero out from his place hiding behind me.

"Ah, Luna Lily," Alpha Blake says, bowing his head respectfully.

"Alpha Blake," I reply, bowing my head as well. "Please, I prefer just Lily."

"And I prefer just Blake. This is my mate Astrid Thorn and her sisters, my brothers' mates, Sora, Aaliyah and Constance."

Blake gestures to each girl as he says her name. Astrid has long black hair, Sora had medium-length dirty blonde hair, Aaliyah has medium-length light brown hair and Constance has long dirty blonde hair. Only Astrid and Sora are marked, but none of the girls are fully mated.

"We didn't know you would be bringing the girls," Darren says, "so we didn't prepare rooms for them."

"We can sleep together in one room," Constance says, gesturing to herself, Aaliyah and Sora. "So if you could just prepare one more."

"Of course," Darren replies, his eyes fogging over as he mind-links the maids.

I hear a howl and look to see three wolves standing by the treeline, two black and one dark brown. Two of them, one of the black wolves and the dark brown one, are Alphas while the third is a Beta. The dark brown Alpha and the Beta go behind trees to shift. They probably have their clothes tied to their legs.