Chapter 9: Luke & Cam

Lily's POV

I don't know how I feel... Happy?

I don't know what happiness feels like but I think this is it... I'm happy... Is this real? Or is it some cruel joke and Eric will say he hates me, leave, and never come back again?

A small part of me believes that he's here to stay. But another part of me believes he'll leave and I'll continue my awful, pain-filled life. That negative part of me is so much bigger.

And it's suffocating the hope inside me, until the hope flatters and dies.

Eric's POV

It's hard to believe that I'm with Lily again. It's been ten years since I last saw her I've hoped she's stop cutting herself but I know it's unlikely.

Lily and I were alive to see our older twin brother and sister commit suicide. It's something I never want to see again, especially since I'm the one who found their bodies.

After they died, I swore to protect Lily.

Nightmoon pack treated me the same way they treated my sister and the rest of my siblings before me. I was once depressed like Lily but during the ten years of living with some rogues who soon became my first friends, and having them help me, I left depression behind.

I'm hoping to help Lily do the same. Leave all her negative feelings and thoughts in the past and start to actually live her life. I wasn't there for her for ten years. And I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to her.

A guard appears in the doorway, looking alarmed.

"Alpha, rogue attack at the Western border," he says.

My eyes widen.

Sh*t. Guess we forgot something in the excitement, my wolf Rico says.

Ya think? I retort. If we don't do something, Luke and Cam will end up dead.

"Lead the way," Drake replies.

He gives Lily a quick kiss on the cheek and races outside, the Beta not far behind.

"Sorry Lily, but I have to go," I whisper to my sister. She looks upset. Damn it, she probably thinks I'm going to abandon her. "I'll come back, I promise."

Lily gives a small nod but I can tell she's unsure.

I get up and race outside. Following the Alpha and Beta, I run towards the western border. I can hear the sounds of fighting up ahead.

Soon, I see the wolves. About 20 rogues against 11 Bloodlust warriors, all in wolf form. My group only consists of Luke, Cam and I, so I'm a bit confused until I see Peter, the leader of another group of rogues.

Drake and Darren both join the fight.

"STOP!" I yell. Everyone freezes, looking at me. "Rogues, stand down. I'm fine," I say. "That means you too, Cam."

Cam, who was trying to sneak up on one of the warriors while they weren't looking, turns to glare at me.

Luke comes running over, still in wolf form and Cam follows. Luke's brown fur matches his hair colour and his hazel eyes holds relief. Cam's blonde fur is covered in dust and a bit of blood, his grey eyes angry but also relived.

Cam jumps on me and his weight sends me falling to the ground.

"F*ck you too," I say, seeing his angry expression.

All of the wolves disappear behind trees and reemerge a while later fully dressed in human form.

Alpha Drake and Beta Darren come over to me. The warrior wolves surround the rogues, although I doubt they would try anything.