Chapter 32: I Love You, Drake

I've been thinking, what would Lily and Drake's ship name be? Drily or Lake?

Anyway, on with the story.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Nick's POV

I keep finding it hard to believe.

Axel and I.... We... We were going to go back to Nightmoon and take our younger siblings away from all of the pain. But then Zane had to interfere and force the witch - what was her name... Amara? - to make us forget. Although I understand why she did it, I can't help but feel anger and disgust towards Amara for making my twin and I forget about our brothers and sisters.

It's been about four weeks since Axel and I ran into Lily in the woods. And around four weeks later, my mind is still finding it hard to process the memories I now remember.

Axel and I protected our siblings as best we could from the hits and everything we were put through. We knew we needed to get all of us away from our birth pack. So we made that plan, the plan to run when we shifted. I remember we ran into Zane, and he said he'd help us. Naturally, we didn't trust him, so he told us he'd kill us if we didn't join his pack. We needed to save our siblings so of course, we chose the path that kept us alive.

As years past, Axel and I grew stronger, but we still weren't completely loyal to Redriver. We were about to go back and get our siblings and run far away from Nightmoon and Redriver, but Zane found out and you know what happen.

But enough about that. Instead, I'll tell you about how much Lily and Drake's relationship has progressed.

They've really grown closer. Everyone can see the love for Lily that Drake holds in his eyes, and the love Lily has for Drake within hers. Lily's not as nervous or quiet as she used to be either. She'll say her opinion or ask Drake to say it for her if she's not comfortable doing it on her own.

She still hasn't told Drake she loves him yet though. I can tell she'll say it soon though.

Lily along with Eric, Luke, Cam, Axel and I were all introduced to the pack two weeks ago. They know about the battle with Redriver coming up, and they know about Axel and I along with Scarlet, Harvey and Jordan turning on Zane.

The full moon is tonight, and we're all ready, even if everyone is scared and nervous, especially Drake. We've asked for and will be receiving help from neighboring packs and their Alphas, like Alpha Philip O'Connor from Ashclaw pack, Alpha Blake Slade from Silverblood pack, Alpha River Blood from Nightstalker pack and Alpha Asher Myers from Moonblood pack.

Eric, Luke and Cam also came up with the idea to ask Rei, the Rogue Queen, to help. She said she'd be happy to help as long as she stays away from Asher. She gave both Lily and Drake one of her gold chain necklace, the enchanted one that lets the wearer mind-link anyone else wearing a necklace, even if there's wolfsbane in the bloodstream.

That's gonna be really useful because I know Zane will inject wolfsbane into Drake's bloodstream.

Honestly, I can't wait for the battle. Axel and I will finally be completely free from Zane's control and we won't have to worry about him killing anyone we care about. But I feel like someone will die, that's how these things always work. Someone always dies in the end.

I hope no one does, but I'm not sure if that's enough to keep everyone alive.

Darren and Eric just found love within each other and they deserve another chance at having a happy ending with a mate. Luke and Cam have been through so much already, being shunned by their families and thrown out if their pack just because of their sexuality, and their the mates of my twin and I. And do I even have to say why Lily or Drake shouldn't die?