Chapter 33: First day of What?

Nick's POV

I can't believe we're really going to do this.

Give our new Alpha to our old d!ck of an Alpha.

Axel is still carrying the unconscious Drake bridal style. I can just make out the meeting spot up ahead, covered in a blanket of darkness. When we get there, Axel gently lays Drake's body on the ground. As we wait for Zane to show up, I let my fingers trace the snake carved into one of the trees.

"What is the meaning of this?" A cold voice hisses from the shadows.

Zane drops from the branches of one of the trees surrounding us. Even in the darkness, I can see the menacing glint in his eyes.

"You know us," Axel replies, his voice emotionless. "We don't like hurting or abusing innocents, especially kids."

Zane growls. "And yet I thought you would have been able to get passed that and bring me the younger b4stard. Guess I was wrong."

"We brought you Malice, the one you've been after for years," I say coldly. "That's something."

"Indeed," Zane muses. "Fine, I'll let you get away with this one. I guess I always knew you wouldn't bring me the young boy. Where are your mates? I'd rather like to meet them."

I force myself not to scowl. Like Axel and I would let Luke and Cam fall into Zane's hands.

"We left them at Bloodlust," I growl out. "It would be too much of a hassle to convince then to come with us, and if we knocked them out, that only made two more bodies to carry. We'll go back for them soon."

Zane nods, understanding but not accepting. "Now come, before Malice wakes up."

Letting Axel rest from carrying Drake here, I pick up Drake's limp body and follow Zane and my twin towards Redriver territory. None of us talk, the only sound in the wind howling and rustling the leaves. The occasional beams of moonlight that makes it through the leaves glint on the gold chain necklace around Drake's neck.

Zane leads us to the prison. It's a gloomy place, not unknown to death or torture. Above the main door is a handprint and creepy smile done in blood red paint. Like most prisons, the prison extends underground, but instead of tunnels, it like a normal, human prison, minus the underground part.

We don't go down, instead just staying on the only floor above ground, the floor where the pack puts prisoners that won't be there for long. It makes me nervous. Why on this floor? What's Zane planning to do to Drake?

Walking passed rogues that will soon be killed, Zane stops at the first empty cell.

"Put him in here," he says. "Just be careful with him, we can't have him injured this time."

I gently lay Drake on the cot in the corner before moving to stand beside my twin.

"What are you planning with him?" Axel asks curiously, his voice almost sounding like he's looking forward to whatever it is.

"You'll find out in the morning," Zane replies smoothly, his voice cold. "Be waiting outside here at six-thirty sharp, and be ready to train and work your a$$es off, got it? And bring the beta ranking directly below you two, he doesn't have to train, I just want him there."

Well, Scarlet was right when she said Zane can't remember names. He's talking about Harvey.

"Yes Alpha," Axel and I say in unison.

"When will we be able to rejoin the pack?" Axel asks.

Zane scowls slightly. "When Drake kicks you two out of his pack. Trust me, if I could do it now, I would."