Chapter 30: A Glimpse of Fate

Lily's POV

"Favourite colour and why?" Emily asks.

"Um... Really pale yellow," I answer, "like a mix of yellow and white. To me, white represents purity, or light. And yellow is happiness, something I want."

"I like those reasons," Dezi says, nodding. "I like aqua. It's bright and bubbly, like moi."

"I like green," Jamie adds. "It reminds me of the forest."

"Nice. Mine's a deep purple. To me it means peace and relaxation," Emily replies. "Your turn, Lily."

We're playing Jamie's question game. Dezi and Emily got bored of listening to the twins' thoughts so they dragged me outside into the backyard to do something more fun and Jamie came with me.

"Favourite person besides your mate?" I ask.

"My mom," Dezi says. "She's helped me through a lot."

"Me too," Emily adds.

Jamie frowns, thinking. "Um... My favourite is... I don't know, Drakey or Lils."

"Well, I'd have to say your my favourite person other than Drake," I say, putting my arm around Jamie.

He squeals and wraps his arms around me. "Never mind, Lils is my favourite."

I smile as the girls fawn over him.

I've really come out of my shell during my time here. I'm not so scared of everyone, and I'm not always so quiet. I really am starting to love Drake. He's helped me a lot, and he willingly takes care of me. Honestly, that's more than I could have asked for.

I know I'll have to be presented to the pack soon. They can't have a Luna they've never met. I'll ask Drake about that later.

I like it here. I hope the pack will accept me as their Luna. Drake said they would, that the pack is like a family. I never had a real family. There are a lot of things here that are all new to me, like painless days or the support people show each other.

And I never want to leave.

Drake's POV

The twins just got back.

I can tell they're considering stepping into the alpha position once Zane is dead. Honestly, I think either of them would be great, and not just because it would get rid of a huge threat to my pack.

The Redriver wolves know who the twins are, and they should trust them. Both Nick and Axel are strong, physically and mentally, they won't crack under pressure, and they're smart.

"Drake? Are you in there? Hello?" I blink and see Darren in front of me, poking my forehead. "There is he is. Back from space?"

"What do you want?" I ask, scowling playfully.

"I asked you what you think of Nick or Axel being alpha," Darren replies, sitting down again.

I shrug. "I think either of them would be great for the job. It just depends on whether they want to or not."

"I will only if Nick won't," Axel says.

Nick bits his lip. "And I'll only do it if Axel agrees to be beta and Luke's OK with being Luna... Or the second Alpha."

Axel nods. "Sure, I'm cool with that."

"Me too," Luke adds. "I can order Cam around."

Cam scowls and smacks him upside the head. In response, Luke gives Cam the one finger salute. Cam then sticks his tongue out at Luke childishly. Both of them start play fighting, smacking each other like teenage girls. Eric rolls his eyes.