Chapter 15: Luna

Lily's POV

Pain is racing through my body.

My first thought is that Alpha Drake is beating me. And I'm just starting to get comfortable around him. I still don't completely trust him but I feel like should try to.

"Lily!" I hear him yell.

I scream as another sharp jolt of pain spreads through my body.

I feel scared of Alpha Drake's reaction so I try to get up and move to the corner of the room. I'm used to moving while I'm in pain so I manage to get to the corner fairly quickly.

I hear pops and cracks. Snowy white fur appears all over my body and my face lengthens into a wolf's snout. When it's all over, I look around, scared. My vision is sharper and everything is closer to my eye level because my head is lower to the ground.

I turn my head and try to look at my body, causing me to go around in circles for a few seconds before I whimper. I back up, pressing my body as close to the wall as I can get, with my tail between my legs.

I'm a wolf. A snowy white wolf.

Lily, says a warm, soft voice. I yelp and look around, trying to find the source. You won't be able to see me. I'm your wolf remember? The voice asks gently. Then it clicks. I remember voice from when I first shifted. It's my wolf, Luna. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you for so long, Luna says softly.

Alpha Drake crouches beside me. I shrink away from him, still scared of his reaction to me shifting. He lifts his hand and I flinch. Alpha Drake rests his hand gently on my head, and sparks dance through my body when we touch.

You found Mate, Luna says.

Alpha Drake Malice of Bloodlust pack, I replies. Alpha Drake's been taking care of me.

And I always will, Sweetheart, says his voice in my head.

I jump. He can mind-link me?

"I can Sweetheart," Alpha Drake chuckles. "And I told you to stop calling me Alpha." If I was in human form, I would have blushed. "Can you shift back?" he asks.

I shake my head slightly, keeping my eyes fixed on Al-... Drake. I don't know how to shift back, I don't remember.

"Imagine yourself in human form," Drake says.

I do as he says. I picture my platinum blonde hair, blue eyes and slim frame. I hear the same pops and cracks and the next moment I'm naked in my human form.

My mate's eyes roam my body, lingering on my scars, chest and hips. I feel my face heat up and I pull my knees up to my chest with my ankles crossed, wrap my arms around my knees, and hide my face. I think Luna's tail is wagging.

Drake chuckles but turns away to get me some other clothes that must belong to that Dezi person. He hands me the clothes and I quickly put them on.

"Come on, we should head downstairs," Drake says.

I follow him downstairs. Beta Darren, Eric and his friends Luke and Cam are in the living room and all of them look tired, like they're catching their breathe.

"Just finished a run around the territory," Eric explains, seeing me looking at them with a confused expression

Nice, Luna says. That can't have been easy.

I smile slightly. It feels good to have my wolf back.

Drake's POV

It's after breakfast.

Me and the other guys got into a arguement/fight when they found out I marked Lily without her consent. The argument was cut short when we realized we were scaring Lily with all our yelling and the fact that Darren tackled me and had me pinned to the floor. I could have fought him off but I knew I deserved it so I didn't fight him.

We're all sitting in the living room now. Luke and Cam are on the love seat, Darren is on the recliner and Lily is on the couch with me and Eric on either side of her. The four other guys keep sending me reproachful glares. Lily is sitting quietly with her hands in her lap. I can hear her talking with her wolf.

That reminds me, the others don't know yet.

"She shifted earlier," I say. Eric's head shoots up and he looks at me, then at Lily. "Her wolf is white with black tips on her ears and tail and a black crescent on her forehead," I continue.

I thought it was all white, Lily thinks.

You couldn't see our head and you didn't quite see our tail, her wolf replies. You couldn't have known.

"What's her wolf's name?" Eric asks, maybe demands.

"Luna," Lily whispers.

No one speaks after that. Eventually, after a few minutes of silence, Darren turns on Call of Duty and he, Luke and Cam started playing. I roll my eyes.

Typical Darren, I think.

Says you. If it weren't for Mate, you'd be playing it too, Arrow says. In fact, it would've been you to turn it on.

I roll my eyes again and don't reply... partially because I know he's right.

"So, that dream last night," Eric says to Lily. "I told you I would talk to you about it if you didn't believe me."

"What?" I ask.

"Me and Lily shared a dream last night," Eric explains, apparently deciding to set the marking thing aside for now.

"The one where you saw your siblings?" I guess, remembering Lily said she dreamed of that earlier, "Lily told me."

Eric nods. "Anyway, we learned that our oldest siblings, twins, were still alive," He says. "Apparently they ran away from Nightmoon but we don't know where they are now."

"We can look for them if you want," I suggest.

"I don't know," Lily murmurs. "They could be anywhere."

"True," Eric replies. "But we never know until we look."

"We could ask Jason and Rita and the rest of Nightmoon," I say.

Eric nodded. "Why not? You wanna go now?"

"Sure," I reply. "Lily, stay here, got it?" She nods. I look at my Beta. "Darren."

"Huh?" he replies, not looking away from the TV screen where his character is shot.

"Watch over Lily until Eric and I come back."

"Yeah, OK," Darren says, still not looking at me.

I roll my eyes. Eric and I leave and head towards the pack prison.

I wonder if they know anything about the whereabouts of Eric and Lily's older twin siblings. If they do, they probably won't give us that information very easily. We'll probably have to force it out of them.

Time to get bloody.