Chapter 34: Visiting Drake

Lily and Drake ^
All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers

Lily's POV

I feel numb.

It's not even morning yet and I don't feel right. I don't feel whole, like there's a part of me missing, and my heart aches like it does when you read something really sad and depressing only the pain is a lot worse.

I'm standing on the balcony again, looking up at the full moon. Jamie is sleeping, curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed. He looks so peaceful, so innocent, that I wonder how fate could do something so cruel to him, ripping away his parents, and now his brother.

I miss Drake so much already. I want to have his arms wrapped tightly around me. I want to hear his voice whispering in my ear, telling me that he loves me. I want to watch him playing with Jamie, laughing without care.

I want my mate back.

"Please," I whisper, looking up at the moon. "Please Moon Goddess, keep Drake safe and unharmed. Please, bring him back to our pack alive. Please, let everyone I love and care about make it out alive. Please..."

Like weeks before, the moon glows brighter for a few seconds before returning to its normal, soft glow.

I don't know how long I stand here for before I hear the glass door slowly sliding open and sliding closed a few seconds later.

"What are you doing out here, Lils?" Jamie asks sleepily.

I look at him to see him rubbing his eyes with one hand and dragging a blanket with the other.

"Just thinking," I reply softly.

"Do you miss Drake?" he says quietly. "I do. I miss him a lot."

I sigh and sit down with my legs crisscrossed. "I do miss him. He's my mate and I want him back here with us." Jamie crawls onto my lap and I wrap my arms around him as he covers both of us with the blanket, leaving only our heads out from underneath it. "We have to stay strong," I whisper. "We have to stay strong for him. And then we can help him recover when this is all over."

"Is Drake gonna be hurt again?" Jamie asks fearfully, leaning closer to me.

I hesitate for a few seconds before answering. "I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But he might not be thinking properly so we have to help him with that."

"Drakey's gonna be loopy?"

I chuckle slightly. "Hopefully not."

"Can we visit his dreams?"

"How?" I ask. "I know I can reach him, but what about you?"

Jamie lightly wraps his fingers around the golden chain necklace around my neck from Rei. "It works for humans, witches and warlocks, so it should work for me. And can't you use the bond?"

I nod, reaching behind my head to unclasp and take off the necklace before fastening it around Jamie's neck.

"Do you know how to reach him?" I ask as Jamie looks up at me.

"Think about talking to Drake?"

I nod. "Ready to try?"

It's Jamie's turn to nod before closing his eyes. I close mine and focus on my mate, reaching through the bond to his mind. His walls are down, letting me easily access his mind. I find myself in a cell. In front of me, the younger, seventeen year old Drake is being whipped by Zane. Jamie isn't here yet, but Luna and Arrow are.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it!" I scream, squeezing my eyes shut. I don't want to see my mate getting hurt. "Change to something else before Jamie manages to reach you!"

A few seconds later, I feel a gentle breeze and peek one eye open. I'm surrounded by the meadow Drake took me too earlier today... Or yesterday since it's past midnight...

I fully open my eyes just as Jamie appears next to me. He looks around, spots Drake, and grins, rushing towards him. Drake doesn't hesitate to pick him up and wrap one arm around me, holding both of us close to him.

His eyes don't have the light they usually do. Instead, the chestnut pools look blank, deprived of happiness and swirling with fear. A small, sad smile plays on his lips, but his face is otherwise emotionless and his posture is tense.

I lean closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. Jamie's face is hidden in Drake's chest, his arms wrapped around Drake's neck. Luna is lying in the grass, watching Arrow roll around wildly.

"What are you two doing in my mind?" Drake says softly. "You should be getting some sleep, both of you look tired."

"You really think we can sleep peacefully without you?" I whisper, smiling slightly.

Drake slowly nods once. "Point taken. Jamie's already asleep."

"Do you really think you can handle what they'll do to you?" I ask quietly. "I don't want you to come back broken and scared."

"I managed it before, and I can do it again," he whispers. "I have to... Besides, it's too late to turn back now."

I nod sadly. "I know. Just... Please, be careful."

"I love you Lily," Drake says softly.

"I love you too, Drake."

He smiles and kisses me tenderly. Our tongues dance slowly. The kiss is passionate and loving, but not lust-filled or desperate. Eventually, I pull away.

Drake smiles softly. "Take care of Jamie, and yourself. I don't want to come back to find you depressed and closed off."

Gently, I take the sleeping Jamie from Drake's arms. "I will. I'll see you again soon, Drake."

He nods. "Soon."

I retreat from his mind and open my eyes before taking the chain necklace off Jamie and putting around my neck again.

Holding him close to me, I stand up and slide the glass door of the balcony open, stepping back into Drake's room. I slide the door closed again and lock it. Dragging the blanket, I walk over to the bed and gently lay Jamie down before climbing into bed next to him.

Closing my eyes, I picture my mate's arms around me to help me relax.

Soon, the darkness overtakes me.