Epilogue

Hello! Long time no see, dear readers. This epilogue has been waiting for a long time. Because I removed the sequel, this feels like the best way to tie up a few of the loose strings left...

It has been quite a time since I worked on this book, and I have been extremely blessed by all of you for it to have reached so many people! I am blown away every time I see it.

So I sincerely thank all of you.

And now, I present to you,
The Epilogue.

•••

After Igneel's sudden death, things had been hard. Though we knew he was ill, no one knew just how far his cancer had spread and Natsu took things pretty hard. Afterwards, Natsu withdrew from me for a while. I worried he wouldn't ever really come back. He threw himself into his work, determined to better himself and the company, often working for days on end and not coming home.

Eventually, though, he came back around. Victor helped me 'capture' him one day and I made him take a long-needed break. It was after this that he finally began to slow down his pace, and I felt like I had found my Natsu again. He was warming up, and he was no longer glaring all the time.

Lisanna has attempted to wiggle herself back into his life, she had applied and been hired for a position at Natsu's company.  She had gotten herself fired though, because she kept trying to get into his office and would flirt with him on the off-chance they saw each other at work. He filed a complaint and quickly had her removed, not that anyone actually thought she could seduce Natsu. She was more of an annoyance than anything else.

I had found myself a job working as a writer for an online magazine. I spend my days writing and researching, and keeping the Dragneel household held together. There is a surprising amount of work and management that goes into a house like the one we live in. I enjoyed it more now that I had some experience with it, I had even held Levy and Gajeel's wedding here for them not long ago.

I pull myself from my thoughts at this, and look down at my own wedding ring. A smile draws itself upon my lips as I think about Natsu.

"Lucy!" His voice calls from downstairs as I hear the front door open. "I'm home!" I hurry out of the room and to the walkway bannister that overlooked the stairs.

"How was work?" I ask, drawing his attention to me. He smiles.

"Work was work, but I'm glad to be home," he heads up the stairs, "I missed you this week." He had traveled away for work, attending a yearly conference and meeting with new potential investors. The company had been growing and he was fostering a growing and healthy business.

"I missed you too," I sigh, happy just to see him. He reaches me at the top of the stairs and wraps me up in a hug, and as he sets me down he immediately captures me in a kiss, his hands gently cupping the sides of my face.

"How have you been feeling this week?" He looks me up and down, his eyes settling on my growing baby bump. Natsu and I had been keeping plenty busy after he had stopped throwing all of his existence into work.

"I have been fine, and so has she," I kiss his cheek. "We both missed you, but that was about the worst of it."

He chuckles, "You can't hardly live without me, can you?"

"Oh shut up you egotistical freak," I laugh and lightly slap his arm. "So full of yourself." The smile on my face grows.

"I love you," he says, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too," I wrap my arms around his neck, and we stand together in happy, content silence.

I know that life has its ups and downs, but I would happily take them all with Natsu. Living with him, being a Dragneel, facing my estranged father, working on our team project, dealing with Lisanna and everything else we did together and had been through—good and bad I would do it all again a million times if it meant I would be by Natsu's side.

Always.