She's Off Limits

Chapter 20 - recap

"Natsu! Lucy!" We hear Wendy calling distantly. Natsu releases his grip on my waist.

"I guess it's time to head back," I sigh.

"Come on Luce," Natsu picked me up bridal style and carried me back, and I fell asleep in his arms as he carried me back.

• * •

Chapter 21 - She's Off Limits

I woke up as I was being placed on a bed. My eyes fluttered open and met Natsu's dark ones. He bent down and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. He backed away and started to leave when I sat up, my legs bent on either side of me.

"Natsu," I called his name softly, my head bent slightly so my eyes where hidden in the shadow of my hair. He stopped and turned back to face me, his hands in his pockets.

"Please, don't go," I request. He smiled and shook his head before walking towards me again. He sits beside me on the bed. I automatically lean on him, feeling the comfort of his nearness. He had spent all the nights before this one away from me, but I was about to break the streak. This was the last night before school started again.

I was surprised when I felt him move, making me realize I had been dozing off. He moved back to the center of the bed and then pulled me back to him. He rested his arms around my stomach and rested his head against mine. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"You know, if you really want to you can refuse my offer," Natsu said breaking the soft silence that had filled my room. I turn my head a bit so I can see him.

"I would have accepted it regardless. I love you Natsu..." A soft blush colors my cheeks. He chuckles and turns me to face him. He cups my cheeks with his hands and pulls me forward for a kiss. I kissed him back gently, prompting him to kiss me back more passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms encircled my back and waist. He pulled us back so I was laying on top of his chest.

I played with his soft pink hair and he just watched my face. "I'm going to marry an angel," he breathed. I froze and looked to his eyes.

I started to sit up while saying, "I'm really not an angel I mean.." But Natsu covers my mouth keeping me from speaking.

He pulls me back down and say quieter, "I'm marrying an oblivious angel," a teasing smirk crossing his face because he knows I heard.

"I am not oblivious!" I lightly hit him on the chest making him laugh.

I lay my head across his chest and mutter, "You're the egotistic maniac..." And he laughed. We fell silent and I listened to the steady rhythm of his heart and I eventually fell asleep on him. My eyes snapped open when only I felt Natsu shift beneath me.

"Luce, it's about time we got up," he murmured. I crawled off him and we got up and got ready for school. After showering and changing we headed to the dinning hall where breakfast was waiting, and it felt weird not to have helped decide what we would eat.

After eating breakfast Natsu and I left, walking to school. Though the distance added a little more time to our walk it wasn't too terrible. What I didn't look forward to was the possible crowd of fan girls. When we reached the school there where no evident fan girls--but that didn't mean there wouldn't be a few inside. Either way I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then I heard a loud voice yell, "Lucy!" And I was jumped on as Levy ran at me. She squealed in delight as I held her on my back.

"Lucy! You won't believe what happened to me over break!" She gasped.

"Tell me!" I demand, letting her slide back to the floor so she can tell me.

"I've done 'it'," She winks.

I gasp, "No way! With who?!"

Levy blushes and says, "Gajeel..." To which I gasp.

"Levy! Who would have thought?! But that's cute," I poke her nose laughing.

"So what about you and Natsu? Have you done 'it' yet?" She winks. I shake my head quickly.

"No... But we are engaged..." I say the last part quietly.

"Engaged! Lucy! No way!" She squeals. I hurry to shush her.

"Quiet! We haven't announced it yet, though you seem intent on doing that," I whisper.

Then Sting walked up to me. The memory of him in the office with that officer flashed in my mind before I stood still next to Levy.

"Lucy," Sting purred, "I've had my eye on you for awhile now and-" he's cut off my my laughter.

"You've had an eye on me? So you had an eye on me while you had sex with Lisanna? Sorry to be blunt, but not even remotely interested," I laugh. Levy smirks beside me.

"Besides, she's off limits. Unless you want to be beaten by Natsu. Then by all means..." She shrugged. I lightly tap her arm and send her a look.

"What? I didn't say anything," she muttered. Sting looked unamused.

I wasn't sure but as he walked away it sounded like he muttered, "I'll get you one way or another Heartfilia..."

• * •

Chapter 22 - Sting and Lisanna are a Team

"Natsu? Natsu!" I call his name, walking through the freshly fallen snow.

"Luce! I'm over here!" His voice drifted from behind the trees. I grew hesitant, sure he had been near me only minutes ago. I slowly make my way into the tree line.

That's when a snowball exploded on my back, and I whirled around to face a grinning Natsu who was tossing another one ready to fire. I grinned.

"Game on," I challenge.