His Lucky Jacket

Chapter 8 - recap

Look, I know about everything that happened between you and Natsu," she scowls.

"So you know about..." I prompt her to continue.

"You know, the things you guys do!" She folds her arms over her chest.

"Can I go now? I kinda have to catch a friend, I need to tell them something important," I turn and walk away without waiting for an answer.

I walk silently trying to contemplate what just happened. I shook my head as I got off school property and hummed my song on the way home. So Lisanna really did hide behind a facade. I couldn't decide if I should tell Natsu or not.

I got to the apartment and shrugged my bag off my shoulder. And collapsed on the couch from exhaustion.

• * •

Chapter 9 - His Lucky Jacket

I stirred to wake, finding myself curled up in Natsu's arms. He was carrying me to his room.

"Natsu.." I mumble tiredly.

"Sh, just go back to sleep okay?" He shifts me slightly. I realize he has only his shorts on again, but his body emanates heat so I curl up against him. He lays me down on the bed and pulls the covers over me. Then he gets in next to me as I fall back asleep.

The immersive sleep I had was one I had greatly missed. With my crazy roller coaster of emotions I had been on, sleep had been second only to pain and tears. Pain from the surgery and the now removed tumor, tears from knowing Natsu was caught up with Lisanna - which probably meant I'd become a cause of her jealousy and then she'd ask him to stop being around me.

I groaned when I had the thought as I lay in Natsu's bed. It was Friday, game day. I pulled the covers over my head and just stared at the darkness. Then I felt hands on my stomach and someone began tickling me. I lost control of myself and started laughing. I tried to roll away but now they where pinning me down. I threw the covers off my face and there was Natsu, his hair damp and a pair of jeans on. A grin covered his face and there was an evil glint in his eye.

"Natsu..." I sigh, "please get off of me?" I beg him after attempting to wriggle out from under him and obviously failing.

He folds his arms over his chest. He shakes his head, "Nah."

I roll my eyes and turn my head from him.

"Hey don't look away from me Lucy, I can't stand not to see your beautiful face," he smirked.

I blushed in spite of myself. I shake my head, "Liar, you have Lisanna to look at." Then he shakes his head. He gets off me and lets beside me while using one arm to keep me pinned down.

He whispers in my ear, "She isn't as beautiful as you are," and he gets up and starts to leave. My mind whirled, if she wasn't as beautiful as I was...why did he choose her? Did he do it just to see my reaction?

I blush even more but I finally stand up. I tie my hair up before whispering, "Natsu Dragneel why do you do this to me?"

Then I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and a warm body against my back. "Natsu what are you doing...?" I ask trying not to react.

"I just wanted to hug you Luce," he says from behind me before dropping his arms. I almost ask him to leave them there, but i kept the urge under control. He had Lisanna, even if she had kissed Sting.

Remembering that I blurted out, "Natsu do you know the new kid Sting?"

I turned to face him and I caught him giving me a strange look. "Yeah, he joined the team two weeks ago, why?"