A Day in the Kitchen

Chapter 24 - recap

"You do so much for me... yet I can't do anything in return," I whisper. Natsu sits up.

"Hey, hey come here," He beckons me closer to him. I move closer and he pulls me against him.

"I do it because I love you, alright? I don't care if I get anything in return. Well, maybe your love." I feel him smirk into my neck.

"Natsu..." I giggle softly.

"You're mine, only mine," he murmured into the skin of my neck. I sighed softly, content with the current situation. I had a feeling Christmas would be good.

• * •

Chapter 25 - A Day in the Kitchen

My eyes snapped open, making me realize I had fallen asleep. I quickly felt for the locket and I held the cool metal my hand. I sat up and realized I was alone in bed, so I got up and went to my room. I ducked into my bathroom to get ready for the day. After taking a shower I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a loose grey long sleeve shirt.

I went to the dinning hall. Wendy sat at the table eating quietly and reading. When I walked in she looked up.

"Lucy? Can we make cookies?" She asked out of the blue. I stop where I was before resuming moving to my own seat.

"Cookies? Well, yeah I don't see why not," I nod and take a seat beside her at the table. Victor brought in some food and I stopped him before he left by grabbing his coat sleeve.

"Victor? Could you see if there are things for us to make cookies with today?" I ask him.

"Yes Lady Heartfilia," he nodded. I bit my lip having forgotten I was still the lady of the house.

Natsu strolled in casually and said to Victor, "You might as well call her Lady Dragneel, make it easier on yourself."

I looked at him slightly stunned and Victor simply nodded. "I'll inform the staff." Victor left the room then as silently as he had walked in, but I didn't miss the small smile on his lips. Wendy looked at me with slight confusion.

"Why would they call you Lady Dragneel if your last name is..." her voice trailed off as a thought dawned on her.

She jumped up in her chair and squealed, "LUCY YOU ARE GONNA MARRY NATSU!" I quickly pulled her down and put my hand over her mouth.

"Yes, now be quiet we haven't told many people yet," I laugh. She grins and sits back down in her seat after I let her go. Natsu leaned against the table not eating, which was unusual.

"Hey," I poke his arm, "are you going to eat? Wendy and I are planning on making cookies and if you want to join we aren't going to wait." I tell him. His face lights up and he immediately sits down to eat. Wendy and I finished right as Natsu did. We all stood up and headed to the kitchen. Things for making cookies had been laid out and where waiting.

"You ready?" I look down at Wendy.

"Always," she nods, a determined smile crossing her face. She pulled out a cookie recipe and told Natsu to get a cup of flour. Wendy and I mixed in the ingredients waiting for the flour. Natsu reached trough us and poured it in. We finished mixing and got ready to roll out the dough.

I helped Wendy flatten the dough and begin cutting out cookies. She made a little roll and put it above her lip. I laughed as Wendy made faces at me.

"Lucy! Look out!" She cried as laugher shook her body. I shrieked as Natsu blew flour at me.

"NATSU!!" I yelled at him, nearly rolling in laughter. I grab a bit of flour and throw it at him.

Wendy ducks behind me yelling, "Human shield!"

"Hey, I'm not your shield!" I protested but was distracted as Natsu began tickling me.

"H-hey! Knock it off!" I said between breaths.

"Why should I?" He teased.

"I won't let you have any cookies," I threaten. He stops and looks at me.

"You wouldn't dare," he smirks.

"Try me," I say darkly. He chuckles.

"Alright, but since I stopped I get as many as I want," he says releasing me.

I stick my tongue out at him. "Greedy and egotistic maniac." Wendy and I finished cutting out cookies and Natsu put them in the oven while we cleaned up. When he pulled them out of the oven we iced them and ate a few, saving the rest for Christmas. Wendy went off on her own and Natsu grabbed my arm.

"Let's go on a walk, it's snowing again."

I look outside and see the snow falling along with the sun. We had a few hours before it sank completely so I nodded my head and pulled on a warm jacket and boots. We headed outside and I held my hand out and let snowflakes land it my open palm.

I looped my arm through his as we walked. I sigh and hold his hand. "It seems life won't give us a real break," I say aloud.

"Who says we need one? We can handle what it has thrown at us," he shrugs.

I nod, "Yeah, you're right."

"Hey! It's him! The basketball star!" We hear people yelling and we realize we made it into town.

"Shit, why do they have to be around now?" We run and gain distance before Natsu suddenly yanks me into a dark alleyway, pressing me against the wall and hiding us in shadow.

"N-Natsu..." I breathe after they have run past us.

"Sh, stay quiet," he hisses.

"But, they're gone," I protest.

"Just stay quiet," he urges.

"We can go they are-" He sighs and presses his lips on mine immediately shutting me up. His body is pressed up against mine as he tilts my head upward a little to deepen the kiss. I couldn't suppress the soft moan that escaped my lips. I felt Natsu's lips pull into a smirk. It was a nice way of shutting me up, I'll admit.

"Seems I've finally gotten to you," he whispers before kissing me again. When he pulls away I hide my eyes with my hair and I can feel the redness of my cheeks.

"Let's go home, I want to make sure we aren't spotted again," Natsu decides and I nod, following along side him on the way home. I thought about Christmas and the gift I had gotten him earlier in the year. I smiled as I thought about his reaction. I couldn't wait...

• * •

Chapter 26 - Christmas with the Dragneel's! - preview

"Lucy Lucy Lucy! Wake up!" Wendy shook me violently. For a small girl she had ridiculous strength.

"Okay, okay! I'm up, stop shaking me," I hold my head as I sit up. She ran from my room yelling Natsu's name.

"Seems I escaped her wrath," Natsu's voice behind me made me shriek in surprise and nearly fall over.

"Natsu!" I groan.