Returned and Ready for Battle!

Chapter 7 - recap

I was wheeled out of the room and back to my own where Natsu was the only one waiting. The nurses sat me on the bed and told me I could leave within twenty four hours. After they left Natsu got on the bed with me. He stared at me. He reached his hand up to my cheek and I winced as I felt a little pain as he ran his hand over it.

"I guess they had to cut pretty far down," he says kinda spacey.

"Natsu, it's fine," I tell him.

"You sure Luce?" He looks me dead in the eye.

I nod my head but as I do he pulls me towards him and into his chest. My head rests against his shoulder and I was curled up in his lap. At that moment I didn't care about him and Lisanna. Right now, it was about me and him. And that's all I really wanted.

• * •

Chapter 8 - Returned, and Ready for Battle!

Two days after my surgery I was able to return to school, with a little aid. As long as at least one friend was in each of my classes I could safely return to school, which I was all for. Who ever would want to be stuck in an apartment Natsu lived in, all day? I shuddered at the thought as I walked with Natsu.

"You okay?" He gave me a questioning glance.

"Yup! Just peachy!" I grin at him.

"Good, I can't have my Luce getting herself hurt again," he teases me.

"I can take care of myself..." I pout in response to hide the fact that my heart fluttered. Suddenly Natsu whirls around and grabs my arm. I let out a shriek of alarm and surprise as he pulls me towards him. I catch myself on his chest as he releases my arms, but the second I do he grabs my hands and holds them behind my back. My face was so close to him that I only had to shift my head and our lips would connect. I stared at his oynx eyes, my own brown ones wide in shock.

"N-Natsu..." I breathe.

"...So what where you saying about being able to take care of yourself?" He smirks after a long pause.

"I..-" I try to fumble for an answer, but when I can't find one I close my eyes and huff. That's when pain washed over my from my head and my breath caught. I gripped onto Natsu and held back tears.

"My medicine... please..." I begged him.

He wasted no time popping the painkillers into my mouth so I could swallow them. I stayed there, holding handfuls of his 'Tower of Heaven' movie t-shirt. When the pain subsided released his shirt and stepped away from him.

"You will speak of this to no one!" I glare at him.

He smirks, "Sure thing, Luce." and turns, hands in his pockets on the path to school.

• * •

We arrive and a few of my friends greet me and wish that I receive better health. Then I heard a familiar cry and someone shouting, "Lucy-!" And I turn and see none other than, Levy McGarden. Levy gave me a flying tackle hug. She had small tears running down her cheeks as she embraced me tightly, as if too keep me from ever leaving her--or escaping death via Levy Hug.

"Levy, Levy it's okay now," I reassure her.

"Well Lu, you won't believe what happened while you and Natsu where gone!" She exclaimed.

"What, what happened?" I wonder.

Levy looks around before leaning close to my ear, "Lisanna kis-" she was cut off by Natsu who had Lisanna clinging to him.