Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!

Chapter 17 - recap

"Well, in a few months we will be done with school, and I'll have a surprise waiting for you that just might make that statement true," I could feel his smirk.

"Oh shut up you egotistic maniac," the words slip from my mouth in only a soft utterance. But even if they where soft Natsu still chuckled in response. I wrapped my arms completely around him and stood there in the hospital room with him, feeling as if time had paused on that single moment.

• * •

Chapter 18 - Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!

I woke up screaming, covered in a cold sweat. I was panting hard, and I felt dried tears on my face. I looked around my room at the Dragneel's mansion, the sad thing sparse of anything to comfort me--including my boyfriend. I groan and flop back on the pillows. At least he would be coming home today.

I stared up at the ceiling, my brain reeling over the nightmare. I quickly shook it off and stood up. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, boots and a a shirt with "Heart kreuz" written across the chest. I quickly changed after showering and brushing my hair back. Running through the halls like I did when I was younger I reached the dinning hall. Victor had left a small tray for me. A small note was tucked under the plate with toast on it.

"Dear Lucy,

Igneel and I have left for an unscheduled meeting. You are Lady of the house until I return. Think of it as preparation for when the house is yours. Take care.

-Lady Dragneel"

I stared at the formally written note. I was Lady of the house?! I sunk into the chair. After processing the fact that I was in charge I began to eat. I ate rather quickly, ready to go visit Natsu. Victor came in and took my tray.

"Victor? Can you take me to the hospital again today?" I ask standing.

"Yes Lady Heartfilia," he responds before disappearing through the door. Lady Heartfilia? Are they going to all call me that? Right as the thought crossed my mind a few maids passed through and greeted me.

"Good morning Lady Heartfilia," they recited softly as they passed. Yeah, they all will call me that. I sighed and hurried out to wait for Victor to take me to see Natsu. When he pulls the car around I get inside and the second I close the door he takes off. Upon reaching the hospital we are surprised to see a huge crowd standing out front. I get out of the car and look at them all confused. But before I can do anything I hurry inside to see Natsu. I get to the front desk and sign in.

"Your friend is getting really popular," the nurse says to me.

"What?" I look at her with genuine confusion.

"People heard his story and now he is really catching fame. Those girls have been out there for hours today. We can't let them in of course, but they have tried none the less," she shakes her head and looks at her computer screen. I finish signing in and head up to his room. I open the door and find him sitting up in bed, looking out the window.

"It seems you are quite the celebrity," I comment, drawing his attention to me.

"I don't know how they even got the story. Who leaked it?" He questions me but I shrug.

"I'm as much in the dark as you are." And then we hear eruptions of screams outside. I race to the window and see the crowd has grown and now there was a news crew.

"Where is your TV remote?" I turn from the window and look at Natsu. He points to the remote resting on the table next to his hospital bed. I grab it and flip on the TV searching for the news channel. I finally landed on it, and slowly set the remote down. Girls where now holding signs and yelling for Natsu. I looked over at him, and he looked a little weary. I remember when Natsu beat the record for most shots in a season of a professional player, and got MVP. Reporters had come to his apartment asking questions not even relating to the story. I folded my arms and turned my attention back to the screen.