Chapter 1: The King

A tall, handsome and black haired King sat on his throne staring out into nothing. He had a golden crown over his head claiming his spot in royalty. The thrones next to him were empty. A throne for the queen, empty... A throne for a princess, empty.. A throne for a prince, empty.

              The king's name was Jeon Jungkook. He got his position since he was next to the throne but never married. He wanted to show how well he can manage with no Queen. Jungkook thought he can make it with no Queen, but that only made his parents call in for an Adviser to make sure he does the right things for his people.

          Jungkook was praised and cared for by his people, he also had his love for his people aswell and for music too. But, the King at times found himself sitting on his throne to pass his time. "What's so good about being King?" The man asked himself. He was only Twenty-one years old and ruling the throne at such a young age.

          Jungkook sighed and adjusted his white fur coat while he wore a red suit under it. The red coat of his suit had badges of his family and royal badges of how important he really was. Jungkook understood he'll need a Queen so he'll never be lonely and maybe a family to keep the throne running but, Jungkook was a little greedy about the throne. He didn't feel like finding someone to share it with.. He loved the attention of his people and was kind to them all.

             "Another day on this throne... Sitting here and waiting... Waiting for something. Maybe something great.. Miraculous, even." Jungkook said as he placed his hand on the golden armrest of his throne, staring at the diamonds and saphires on it too.

              "I've always wanted to have such a title... I deamt of sitting on my father's throne for the longest.. Until, I finally did not too long ago." Jungkook whispered as his fingers played with the diamonds on the throne.  He would constantly talk to himself because it was a time to express himself and welcome new ideas. "But sitting in this chair made me feel like a greedy and selfish man..." Jungkook said followed up with a heavily sigh.

              "I have gold, the wealth, healthy lifestyle and I'm fed three meals a day... But what I'm not given is a chance to meet someone. Of course, I don't want to... I'm very greedy and I guess I'll end up killing my Queen if I ever have one. I love the throne too much and I don't want it taken from me.." Jungkook stated as he placed his hand up to his forehead and closed his eyes feeling the cold silver and gold rings press onto his pale forehead. As the king had a moment to himself, a wise man walked in wearing a formal attire of a dark blue uniform and royal guard badges on the side of his blue coat. The man held book's in his hands as he was assisted by another man pushing a cart of gifts to the king.

          The man pushing the cart had brown hair thrown to the side as he wore glasses over his brown almond eyes. He wore blue aswell, maybe this was the attire of the castle's staff.

            "Your Majesty! We brought you things to make you smile!" The man holding the books in his arms as he walked up to the throne. Only this man was allowed to walk up to the king like that since he was the king's adviser.

            "Adviser Yang... Do you really have to keep bringing me books and gifts from the people just to make me happy? I am already happy... No need in bringing me things!" Jungkook declared as the man pushing the cart sighed and fixed his glasses.

            "The least you can do, My king, is accept these gifts from the people who care about you." Claimed the bookworm as he held up a few gifts that had atleast a music related thing in it. 

           "Kim Seokjin, Thank you for pushing this up here but that won't be necessary." Jungkook said as he stood up. "Maybe give it to the castle guard, or a child that wanders the west floor of the palace."

            "King Jeon Jungkook. You are to accept these. You don't want to hurt the people's feelings right?" Seokjin said. His face was perfect and his looks made him seem Royal but he was only from the castle. No story to be told there... Yet.

            "Right..." Jungkook replied as Seokjin then turned around as he kept walking away from the throne room. Jungkook then glanced at his adviser. "Nothing here is going to make me marry, Adviser Yang! Can't you accept I want to keep this throne?"

             "That's what you'll say but then you'll regret when you become old like me." Said the middle aged man. "But, I want to show the people you are not faking a smile.. So what I will do is call for a circus to come in here and make you laugh!" Adviser Yang claimed as he made a smile. "Your father always said the circus made you smile and even laugh!"

             "That was when I was Twelve... I don't need a bunch of crazy peasants running in here shouting and expecting me to laugh... If it's cruel humor I'll kick them out of here as fast as you can say crown." Jungkook stated as he began to look through the gifts his people has given him.

             "I know they won't leave you angry, once they leave you'll be very happy!" Adviser Yang said as Jungkook sighed opening a gift to see another music related gift.

              "Another book about music followed by a dried up rose." Jungkook said as he opened the book to look through it. "Not the best book I've read... Now I have another copy of the same books."

          "Will you allow the circus to perform?" Adviser Yang asked as Jungkook shrugged.

          "Yeah... Sure... Impress me.." Jungkook said as Adviser Yang smiled.

           "Great because I already have them in the castle whether you like it or not!" The man claimed as Jungkook's eyes widened. "I'll go get them! sit back and let me bring them in so they can meet you before the performance!" The adviser then ran out of the throne room as Jungkook can hear the circus freaks whisper and talk to Adviser Yang down the hall.

              "They're so loud.. Those whispers are like shouting! This better be good.." Jungkook said under his breath as he tilted his head laying back on the throne with his arms held out on the armrests.

              As the group of twenty circus actors walked in with thier flashy suits, some clowns and some mimes.. But then, there was this one performer that walked in shyly next to the Ringmaster. The Ringmaster had a top hat, brown hair, red suit and black pants as he stepped in holding a cane with a skeleton mask over his pale face as the shy performer next to him was like a puppet.

           Jungkook sat up as soon as he layed eyes on the petite Puppet dancer that stood with his head looking down at the floor. He was wearing a black suit, black designed make up like tears, red painted cheeks to make a cute blush on him, and black lines from his lips to his chin to show a puppet's mouth as his lips had a red heart on it.

        Jungkook then began to think of the boy, taken by his plump lips, soft fluffy brown hair and such an adorable face, the king began to grow curious on what was under all of that makeup.

              The Ringmaster walked up to the king and made a smile. "Hello, My king! I am the Ringmaster, and I will be your host for tonight's show! Now let me be your guide and give you the names of our friends!" The cheery Ringmaster claimed as he had a low voice to his. His identity was kept a secret since he never introduced himself.

            The happy and excited man pointed his cane towards the cute puppet looking man and looked at him poking his cane at his arm to make the boy speak.

             "I-I am the Puppet dancer, Park Jimin!" The shy performer tried to speak louder but he seemed a bit nervous.. Jungkook stared at the performer, his voice was soothing and his shyness made him smile even if the show didn't start just yet! This made the king think that maybe this show won't be so bad after all.