Chapter 18: Meeting

Taehyung was getting ready to head to the castle with Hoseok. They were going to talk to the King about Jimin's contract and so far, Taehyung didn't want to loose him.

            Taehyung made it downstairs wearing his mask that covered his eyes, wearing his top hat that had a red silk ribbon along the base, a black suit and white gloves. He looked very presentable but this was only his Ringmaster attire the public has seen him before in.

          As he gazed at the mirror, adjusting his coat, Hoseok made it downstairs with his presentable, formal dark blue suit with dark dress pants shorts, white dress shirt, and a matching dark blue coat. Hoseok had his hands in his pockets ad he made it downstairs to see Taehyung.

          "Ready to go?" Hoseok asked as Taehyung nodded walking to the door while he tucked the invitation letter in his coat.

           "Let's go." Taehyung claimed as Hoseok cleared his throat holding out his hand. "What?"

            "Hold my hand." Hoseok claimed as Taehyung took off his mask to laugh.

              "Why do you want me to hold your hand?" Taehyung asked Hoseok while the man started tapping his black classic shoes onto the floor of the entrance.

               "When we cross the street, close friends do this all the time.. and we are close friends, Right?" Hoseok smiled as Taehyung sighed taking Hoseok's hand.

                "You always get your ways don't you?" Taehyung laughed while he placed his skeleton mask back on, that covered only the top half of his face.

          The two walked to the castle getting through the guards by showing the invitation sent by the King. Of course Taehyung came prepared holding Jimin's contract with him in his coat for just in case he is convinced Jungkook was who the people says he is.

            As Taehyung and Hoseok were guided to the Royal meeting room, Hoseok had to stay outside of the room since this meeting was only about Jungkook and Taehyung. The Ringmaster walked in to see Jungkook sitting on a big seat in a long meeting table with lighted, vintage chandeliers hanging above.

           "Hello, King Jungkook." Taehyung faked a smile like he always would as Jungkook pointed to the chair across the table.

          "Welcome, please sit so we can begin.." Jungkook said wanting to get to the point. He wanted to see Jimin already showing up to the castle so the sooner he gets this done, the sooner he can see Jimin.

            "Amazing.. No guards, Friend?" Taehyung chuckled.

            "No. Just us coming to talk about this and only this.." Jungkook then held up the copy of Jimin's signed comtract with the King. "I believe he talked to you about this.."

             "That's why I'm here, arent I?" Taehyung then sat down on the chair gazing up at the King. "I had to come here and see what you want him to do... I want to know what type of King you are.."

           "What do you mean by that?" Jungkook asked setting the comtract back onto the table. "I am what others say I am... Humble... Kind.. Loving.. Caring.."

                "Hmm.. I don't know about that, King Jungkook. No one really knows much about you. Normally any other King would hire a Jester with knowledge on what type of person he or she is... but you payed close attention to Park Jimin... Staring at him at first for only a short time and without knowing a thing about him, you wanted him to become your Jester."

           "What are you trying to say?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung began to tap his gloved hands on the table.

             "Aren't you supposed to get to know the Jester you are going to recruit first?"

              Jungkook then clenched his hands under the table and looked up at the Ringmaster. "I know Jimin seems like a good guy... Why would I think he's someone to worry about? The people want trust and Jimin, I trust him to become my Jester."

            "I don't know anything about you... I can't seem to say that you are what everyone says. You know, when I caught you staring at Jimin, I thought you only wanted him for... Something else.." Taehyung said as he leaned back on the chair. "But you only want him as your Jester... Correct?"

            "Of course I do.. What do you think I'll do to him? I asked him and he accepted... I see nothing wrong with this.." Jungkook responded. "I just need you to end the contract with Jimin."

               "And if I don't? I'm sorry if we are getting off on the wrong foot but, I'm very protective over what's mine."

                 "You know... Just because you own a contract with him.. Doesn't mean you own him.." Jungkook replied. "Have you ever asked Jimin on what he wanted?"

                 "I know what he wants... I know that already but the thing is. I just want to make sure if you really ar-"

                  "You don't want to end the contract... Do you? I can feel that you don't but I won't have to remind you, this is what Jimin wants." Jungkook stood up and adjusted his crown. "What do you want to know about me to make you agree on ending the contract?"

              Taehyung stayed silent staring up at the King. He started to have his doubts. "Why would I give Jimin away to a shady weird man?" Taehyung thought. There was something about him he didn't like... But he had nothing to hold against him. "Why don't you have a Royal family of your own? A queen... A child.. Perhaps?"

             "I don't want any family of my own at the moment... I think I'm too young to think about that.." Jungkook responded with a smile, showing how innocent he seemed but Taehyung didn't buy it. There seemed to be something more to it.

            "I can't really take this and hand him over to you..."

            "Why do you think you own his life?" Jungkook raised his voice a little.

             Taehyung folded his arms staring at the King. "Because he knows me more and trusts me... You? He only see's you as a king.. A king that everyone claims to be so gentle." Taehyung looked at how silent Jungkook grew.

           "He only agrees because you are only a king. But yet again... I am his close friend and I care about him like a brother... I can't leave him angry if I come home with the same contract..." Taehyung said with a sigh and pulled out his contract with Jimin. "Let's make a small deal, I'll let you have Jimin here temporarily... So you would get to know him. If you still want him to be your Jester at the end and more importantly, he wants to work for you too... I'll rip this contract to shreds." Taehyung stated and then stood up holding out his hand to the King. "Deal?"