Chapter 9: Higher class

It almost seemed like every little thing that came out of Adviser Yang's mouth made Jungkook angry... He said Jimin was just a circus freak who doesn't deserve a chance at royalty. But, why did Jungkook get angry when he had nothing to do with Jimin?

                 Jungkook stayed silent as Adviser Yang went into telling how wild it is for the people to think a circus boy has a chance with the King. It was like Adviser Yang didn't like the idea of having a random peasant marry into the royal family. It was humor to him.

               "Jimin.. That little Puppet only stared back at you and all you did was smile after. You should have seen his suit! It's hilarious, Your Majesty!" Adviser Yang laughed. "It would be more funny if he was to fall during the performance!"

               "I like his cute outfit.." Jungkook said in his head, not daring to say it out loud or else the Adviser would just give him a lecture on high class people and lower class freaks. It didn't seem fair but when it came to the King choosing who he had to marry soon, he had to pay attention to the classes of people out there.

               "Ah, he would make a funny Jester! I'll make him wear a clowns outfit that doesn't fit him or make him walk around in a big dress!" Adviser Yang joked as Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked at his adviser.

               "OKAY I GET IT ALREADY!" shouted Jungkook already fed up of the constant bickering from the Adviser. "I'll choose his outfit if he becomes MY Jester. So, he'll be my responsibility! He will be my Jester until I fire him or until I am done being King." Jungkook claimed as the Adviser got silent. "Do you hear me?"

             "Yes, your majesty... Of course I know you would never think of downgrading to a peasant like him." Adviser Yang replied as Jungkook deepened his stare at the man.

              "Jimin is cute..." Jungkook stated as he stood up. "Not ugly or disgusting... Not like any other peasants out there that do nothing but sin! Jimin looks adorable in that suit and watching him fall will NOT be funny, Adviser Yang!" Jungkook walked up to the Adviser and pointed to his throat. "Now, you leave the people out of this... Including people like Park Jimin. Do I make myself clear?"

              "Y-yes, King Jungkook." Adviser Yang nodded as he backed away slowly. "I will be back later." The man claimed as he walked away from the room. The Adviser was the only one allowed to cross the line with the King.. Without him, how would Jungkook make smart decisions? Adviser Yang was going to shout back at the King... Only because he picked up the idea that Jungkook might care for the performer more than the others.

           Meanwhile, Jimin was at the arena practicing. He was wearing his same suit he would perform with, his dancing shoes, and this time no makeup. It took long to make his face makeup so he decided not to do it for this practice. Very soon, Taehyung will be doing pre-evaluations where he evaluates each and everyone's acts before they perform.

           On days like this, Jimin felt pressured since Jungkook was the one paying attention to him even if he wasn't performing. Taehyung told the older boy that Jungkook was only staring at Jimin because of his body and of course his cute face... Why else would the higher class, King Jungkook would look at Jimin with such a big smile? The way that the Ringmaster described Jungkook's actions was that he just wanted Jimin... He wanted him for desire and pleasure and this was enough to drill into Jimin's mind and know that he shouldn't stick around for Jungkook to hire him as a Jester.

              Jimin was practicing again and suddenly looked across the stage and noticed Hoseok was very clingy to the Ringmaster. Even if there was a crowd of performers around them, Hoseok would always find his way to bother Taehyung.

             Taehyung was wearing a white shirt, with a black loose pants and shoes while he still used his top hat and mask. It was a habit of him to use those. As for  Hoseok, he was wearing just long gym shorts, a red beanie, white tank top and running shoes as he stood by the Ringmaster for the whole day. Their bond was tight and they were close friends, Taehyung couldn't live without his great performer Hoseok, and Jimin too.

              Jimin can hear their laughs and conversations as Jimin made a smile to himself. "It would be nice to talk to someone like that and hold such a great bond." Jimin whispered to himself as he took a short break to let out deep breaths.

               "JIMIN! STAGE NOW!" Shouted the Ringmaster as Hoseok flinched at the sudden command.

               "GIVE ME A MINUTE!" Jimin shouted back as Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked over to Jimin as the dancer followed in behind the Ringmaster.

               "No. You are showing your performance to me now." Taehyung demanded. "While you were daydreaming of your King.. We all have been practicing!"

            "M-my.. King? Taehyung I'm just taking a break.. It's nothing like that." Jimin replied as Hoseok put his arm around Taehyung.

               "Let him take a break, Taehyung." Hoseok stated as Taehyung took a deep stare at Jimin before turning around and walking away.

             "You'll only have ONE minute! Other than that I'll have to force you to perform." Taehyung claimed as he turned his head to give Jimin another scary stare before walking to evaluate the other performers.

             "This is so much pressure..." Jimin claimed under his breath as Hoseok nodded.

              "I'm kinda glad Taehyung doesn't force me to do my best." Hoseok chuckled as Jimin sighed.

               "He just doesn't like the way King Jungkook was staring at me... He then claims Jungkook will stare at me when we show up again on Friday so I'll have to do my best.." Jimin said catching his breath. "With that mask of his.. He becomes very scary."

              "No worries, I'll just pull it off and he'll be back to his old and happy self!" Hoseok added as he laughed.

               It was no doubt that the day was soon coming and Jimin was practicing day and night for this since the leader told him to do so. Jimin just hoped he wouldn't mess up his act in front of the King... Or else Taehyung will never leave him alone! Constantly bringing it up and of course the other performers will react to it too! This was Jimin's fear when it came to performing and anxiety would hit him everytime before a show.