Chapter 7: Brighter side of things

When night grew near, Jungkook was wearing his red robe, long white PJ bottoms, white indoor royal sleep slippers, and a white sleeved silk shirt under the robe. He was walking to his room when he heard Min Yoongi talking to his daughter out in the balcony as they looked out in the night sky. This caught the King's attention and he was interested at the father and daughter moment they would share at the end of the day.

            Yoongi was sitting on a chair holding his daughter in His arms with a blanket as Sumi's dark black hair looked like it gleamed with the night sky along with her dark brown eyes and her white dress to give off such a cute look to the girl.

             "Father.." Whispered Sumi in a small little voice as she looked at her father. "Can I have a friend?" Sumi whispered as Yoongi chuckled.

            "Am I not good enough?" Yoongi said sarcastically making the little girl giggle. "A friend.. Hm.. What about Jin?"

            "Jin is always reading."

            "Hmm.. What about Namjoon?"

            "He's always guarding.." The girl continued as Yoongi was running out of ideas.

            "Adviser Yang?"

             "No..."

              "Ah.. I don't know who else, you can talk to the chef in the kitchen?" Yoongi asked as Sumi shook her head.

              "Why can't I live with mother?" Sumi asked. Yoongi couldn't answer to this, since she was adopted and in her little mind, she thought she had a mother who lived far.

               Yoongi was silent and didn't want to tell the little girl about this too soon, she was just a little baby in his eyes. Right when Yoongi was going to make up an excuse, Jungkook chimed in. "Why live with mother if you can hang out with me?" Jungkook asked with a smile as Sumi let out a giggle. "The circus is coming to perform in the throne room soon, so why don't you come watch it with me? You can even sit on one of the thrones." Jungkook said as the little girl smiled and nodded happily.

              Jungkook was cruel at times but to young and sweet children like Sumi, he was the most kindest as he can be. Jungkook was really a kind hearted guy, just not open to giving his royal position away or sharing it. Other than that, he was very joyful.

              "Your Majesty...." Yoongi then smiled. "Thank you." Yoongi added as Jungkook looked at Sumi.

              "They'll be here on friday, please remember." Jungkook advised as he waved at the little girl as Sumi couldn't stop smiling. It would be rare for her to see the King since he always locked himself in the throne room or his bedroom to talk to himself.

            Yoongi was happy he didn't have to tell his daughter about anything or lie to her at all.. He was glad Jungkook showed up to make her change her mind. Yoongi focused on his daughter and thought it was time to take her to bed since they were done stargazing for the night. It was something the two loved to do together showing their close bond. While Yoongi would be working, Sumi was left to wander around the kingdom on her own and find her own fun. She was isolated from the rest of the little kids beyond the gates and would see them when she picks flowers from the courtyard.... Sumi would feel left out.

          Yoongi took his daughter to bed. She had a nice room full of drawings of every single staff in the kingdom but barely pictures of the king since she would barely see him. But now that she did, she wanted to draw him everywhere now.

            Sumi jumped off her bed and walked up to a box of crayons and was in the mood to start drawing the king but Yoongi didn't want her to sleep too late. "Hey, get to bed." Yoongi claimed as she shook her head with a big smile. "Not going to bed, huh?" Yoongi folded his arms as the girl giggled.

            "No." Sumi replied as Yoongi quickly picked the girl up and took her to the bed playfully. The man would barely be this happy to others, only to his daughter because she was the light in his life at the moment and he wanted to make her smile.

           Seeing the small little family made Jungkook smile. There was different ways of love, from family, friends or lovers. Jungkook would see how cute it was having a little child running around and that made Jungkook feel happy. Even at times he would find himself wanting to change his ways.

             Jungkook finally got to his room and locked the door behind him. Very soon, Namjoon will be coming to guard outside his room door so Jungkook was expecting to hear yawns or sneezes beyond the door while he tried to sleep. Jungkook parted the red veil of his bed and crawled onto the mattress to close the veil afterwards. It was like a safe tent he loved to have over the bed when he would sleep.

              The king layed awake excited to see the circus act again. Sure, the only reason why he wanted another was because of Park Jimin... But it seemed like he was slowly growing to like the performances. He didn't know why but now, he started to see things a bit more brighter just knowing the Puppet would perform there too.

              "He's my favorite..." Jungkook thought as he looked up the red veil tent. "His performance made me smile, and not only that but his story along with his emotion too was enough to make me think on what he has to tell... This caught my attention.." Jungkook said in his mind as he turned over to place his hand on the empty space of the bed where a slik blanket layed.

              "I hate that I have to wait for them on Friday... They don't have a choice anyways... They must show up!" Jungkook said as he started to realize his talks to himself really did keep him up all night and make him sound crazy. Even if the thoughts he had in his head was about the circus performer, Park Jimin... He realized it didn't only kept him up all night... But it also made him smile just thinking of the Puppet dancer.