Chapter 20: Expect

"When will Jimin be here?" Jungkook asked as he pulled his hand away from shaking with Taehyung.

               "Oh? Hmm.. I think I'll let him come here today." Taehyung said as he tucked the contract away in his coat. "You know, I'm just making sure Jimin knows what he's getting into... He needs to know you and this seems a bit safer."

            "You will eventually give this up... Right? It's part of the deal." Jungkook claimed as he walked back to his seat and Taehyung nodded.

               "Of course I will, King Jungkook. I'll be sure to tell Jimin to stay here until the time is up."

               "How long will he be here?"

                "I'll keep that a secret. Only because if you decide to treat him bad towards the end of the deal days and suddenly treat him well during the last hour I won't give up the contract so you better treat him well. Treat him like your life is on the line." Taehyung said followed by a chuckle.

              "Just bring him here..." Jungkook advised as he looked out the window rubbing his chin.  "Get him now, please..."

              "Of course, Your Majesty." Taehyung said as he left the meeting room. As he walked out, Hoseok was playing with Sumi and talking to her happily. This caught Taehyung's attention and made him raise an eyebrow. "What are you doing, Hoseok?"

            "I am watching over the Royal Messenger's daughter." Hoseok replied.

             "But we have to go home now.."

              "I'll be home later, I'm just watching over Sumi." Hoseok said while he glanced at Taehyung. "You can go."

             "I'm coming back soon.. I have to bring Jimin here." Taehyung said as he adjusted his top hat again.

             "You gave up the contract?" Hoseok asked but Taehyung shook his head and held out the contract. "So.. No?"

               "He'll have him temporarily, just so Jimin can get to know the King better. If he doesn't want to be Jungkook's Jester at the end.. Then I won't give him up." Taehyung claimed. "It's a way of making sure he stays safe."

                 "Well.. I understand that but the King won't hurt him. But if you have to do this to ensure Jimin's safety then, fine go ahead." Hoseok looked back at Sumi and patted her head. "I'll be home soon."

                "Alright, don't take too long." Taehyung replied as he left. Later on, Jungkook finally left the meeting room after thingking to himself for a while. Atleast he will be able to see Jimin now.

                "Is your Ringmaster still here?" Jungkook asked Hoseok as the dancer stood up and shook his head while he held Sumi in his arms.

                "I'm watching over Yoongi's daughter since she has no one to be with." Hoseok restated.

                 "Ah... Okay.. Did your Ringmaster go to bring Jimin?" Jungkook asked as Hoseok nodded. Suddenly Jungkook had the urge to ask Hoseok about the Ringmaster.. The two were pretty suspicious and shady but Jungkook still wanted to know why Taehyung was the one who never showed his face or used his name other than "Ringmaster."

               "What's wrong with your Ringmaster? Why doesn't he show his face?" Jungkook asked as Hoseok let out a giggle.

               "It's part of his character in the performance. He wants to keep his identity sealed from everyone. It catches everyone's attention!" Hoseok added as Jungkook nodded understanding that. Taehyung was very loyal to his title in the circus and not even to the King he wanted to reveal his true identity.
____________________________________

                  Later on that day, Jimin was packing happily. Taehyung told him the plan and Jimin was happy to know that it was atleast something. Jimin was putting on black attire, black and white sleeved shirt, loose black pants with white stripes along the sides, a grey wool beanie, and a pair of black boots. Jimin wasn't wearing makeup, he dressed casually to see the King today.

           Taehyung did insist Jimin should wear his puppet attire but Jimin thought it would be better to change at the castle so he wouldn't stretch his outfit out too much. When Jimin was finally ready to go, he started walking out of the house, dragging his luggage with him. It was atleast enough for him to use.

            "I wonder if the King likes to talk alot!" Jimin kept asking along the way while Taehyung was getting sick of the constant questions.

               "Jimin, stop asking questions!" Taehyung claimed as Jimin shook his head.

             "Taehyung! I'm so excited... I never lived in a castle before and since you are giving us both time to get to know eachother.. I can talk to him like he's a normal guy! That's if he likes to be treated normally..." Jimin was feeling excited to see the king. Finally, he didn't have to perform for a while and got the chance to sit down and get to know the king. Surely he had to work here and there to entertain King Jungkook, but just thinking of getting to know the closed off King made the task so interesting.

             "You think he's a nice guy?" Taehyung asked as Jimin nodded happily.

             "Well he seems nice... But this was only because he treated me so kindly when he offered me the contract... I still want to know alot from him.. He seems like he is misunderstood. I don't think he means to be isolated.."

               "Hopefully he tells you about that. Jimin?" Taehyung then looked at Jimin as they approached the black castle gates. "If he does turn out to be someone who's insane and makes you sad.. You don't have to be his Jester.. You can come back to the circus anytime! You'll have a family here waiting." Taehyung told the older boy as Jimin nodded.

              "Thank you.. However.. I don't think he'll make me sad... Or mad... I think I'll be in safe hands." Jimin said as he looked up at the castle windows to see Jungkook gazing down at him. Expecting his arrival.