Chapter 14: Decided

After Jimin managed to finish eating he layed back on his chair stretching his back a bit. He didn't want to eat so much but when food was served in front of you, you'll have to eat it all no matter what. Even if it was the King's offer.

           Jungkook looked up with a smile seeing Jimin was done. The older boy had his eyes closed while he sat on his chair. "I think I fed you too much!" Jungkook added with a laugh.

              "Yes, But I wouldn't blame you for this. I haven't eaten all day and this is the only thing I ate. But, I wasn't supposed to eat much. I have a diet and need to keep a healthy image to perform so that's why The Ringmaster makes sure I eat only limited food at times."

               "...You guys must have a tight bond.." Jungkook stated as he has just finished his noodles and tapped the chopsticks onto the bowl.

                 "We're just friends. That's all. He watches over all of the performers and we are all on diets just to make sure we don't have issues on performing. Especially the Acrobats."

                "So, did you become a Circus performer because you wanted to make other's happy?" Jungkook asked as Jimin nodded.

              "And dancing seemed to be the only thing that I liked doing too, so I needed the money eventually and signed up for many circuses until I found the one that I am in today. Now it's one of the bests out there!"

                "That's nice... For me, I just wanted to rule very early and here I am." Jungkook said as he looked around so silently.

                 "Just you? Don't you get lonely?" Jimin asked as Jungkook shook his head.

                   "I don't need a family of my own to make me smile... There's many things I like to take part in and I'm proud of that." Jungkook replied.

               "And what is that?"

                "Music, I can talk to myself and feel company or even.. Thinking of your performances." Jungkook replied as he knew Jimin watched him.

             "My performances aren't that good." Jimin giggled slightly blushing a bit as Jungkook looked up happily at the older boy. "But.. Being lonely is a bit sad.. I can see why you want a Jester."

              "You should understand that I want you to be my Jester. You have something... Something that makes me smile and gets me happy. You are very good at what you do." Jungkook complimented as the servants walked in with their hot poured tea.

           "Thank you... My King, you are so kind to me right now.. Are you trying to bribe me?" Jimin asked as Jungkook shook his head, accepting his cup of tea from the servants.

            "Bribe you... Hmm, I'm not trying to bribe you, Jimin. I only want to offer you something amazing." Jungkook added as Jimin pulled the contract forward towards himself gazing down at the words again.

                "I don't know how my first day will be... If I sign this now, what will happen? Will I have to wait until The Ringmaster ends my contract?"

               "Yes... If you sign this now, I want you to go home today and give him a letter I have prepared. In that letter, it contains the invitation of him to come to the castle and have a little talk with him. Then you'll be able to come and live here. Only if he agrees."

             Jimin took a drink out of his tea and let out a laugh. "Are you going to force him?" Jimin joked as Jungkook shool his jead making a smile.

            "Why would I hurt your leader like that? But.. If he refuses I won't give up. I know you want to work here and I will be more than happy to get you here. Besides, I'd like to hear him say no." Jungkook replied folding his arms as Jimin looked at the contract, thinking of what he will do now... Will he sign it or just turn down the offer so he can stay in the circus with his good friends?

              This made Jimin feel like a traitor but he knew he had the freedom to leave but why does he feel guilty? As Jimin was constantly tossing himself around in his head, Jungkook stood up and walked over to the drawer by the wall and opened it. In the cabinet there was paper and pens, Jungkook grabbed one black pen and walked over to Jimin, to hand it over to him.

           "Only choose what you really desire." Jungkook whispered into Jimin's ear as he he set the black pen down ontop of the contract.

           Jimin picked up the pen, took off the cap of the pen. He then began to sign the first page and would sign the second copy for Jungkook to keep. Seeing that Jungkook was over his shoulder watching Jimin sign both copies made Jungkook's lips curve into a smile. It was like signing away your soul... But Jimin knew this was only for buisness and nothing more. The king was seen as a kind and lonely man so Jimin only wanted to make him smile.

              After the meeting Jimin had with Jungkook. Jimin made it back home with a copy of the contract and the letter for his Ringmaster. The older boy was greeted by his usual circus members. After greeting his fellow workers, Jimin was quick to hurry up to his room when... Taehyung was there sitting on a chair in the living room. He only had his mask off and was just wearing a red suit and white top hat.

            "What took you so long?" Taehyung asked as he stood up walking to Jimin with the envelope. "Here's your pay too.."

             Jimin accepted the envelope silently and decided to go up the steps of the stairs and at that point, Taehyung snatched the contract making the older boy's eyes widen and look back.

              "What's this?" Taehyung asked curiously as Jimin felt so worried now.

              "T-Taehyung!" Jimin exclaimed as he realized Taehyung's mood turned from a happy and gleeful attitude, slowly fade into a sad and confused face.

           As he ran his teary eyes down to the bottom, Taehyung realized Jimin's signiture on the page. The Ringmaster knew what this meant... He knew the King would eventually try to do this. Suddenly, this got Taehyung so furious that he had no words to say.

           Eventually he looked up and glared at Jimin feeling betrayed. "I own you... Not him.." Taehyung managed to mutter while he gripped onto the contract in anger. Scaring Jimin to question, what will happen to him now?