Chapter 26: Adviser

Later on the day, Jungkook walked along the castle's courtyard with Jimin as they talked time to time... Jungkook was showing Jimin around but at times he grew silent. Not knowing what to say after.

            Jimin walked with Jungkook, he was looking around the castle with the King. After their meal, Jimin asked for a tour around the castle and Jungkook only nodded silently. It seemed like he didn't want to do it, but Jungkook brought himself to show Jimin around.

                "Jungkook, why aren't your parents here? What happened to them?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook stopped walking along the tiled path of the the courtyard. There was gardens of buckwheat flowers and roses seperated in different sections. Only the flowers the King wanted was allowed.

             Jungkook looked at Jimin while the older boy looked up at Jungkook. Jungkook can tell that Jimin was coming up with many questions and all he could wonder about was the real secrets Jungkook hid. "My parents?" Jungkook smiled. "They are gone.. They don't want to live here any longer and wanted a break from all of the stress." Jungkook added as a crease in the corner of his lips curved. Jimin couldn't help but to feel like Jungkook was hiding the true reason why his parents no longer lived in the castle. "Any more questions?" Jungkook asked, not to sound like a liar.

           "Why did you want to rule at a young age?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook approached a bench of the courtyard.

            "I wanted to rule in a young age because I felt mature.." Jungkook sat down on the bench while he invited Jimin to sit with him and enjoy the nice breeze. "There was something about being King that I really wanted... The respect and love the King gets... not the prince.. I wanted to just rule over and live off by my own rules." Jungkook added with a chuckle.

             "How's that going for you?" Jimin asked as Jungkook smiled.

             "Annoying... Absolutely annoying." Jungkook added with a sarcastic smile. "Ah, there's something I don't like about being King that comes across my mind almost everyday... It's the pressure to find the future Queen and have an annoying Adviser constantly bother me and tell me what's right or wrong."

               "Your Adviser scares me." Jimin said with a giggle. "He stares at me like I'm a monster. Does he hate seeing me walk around the castle?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook sighed.

             "Not that... He recommended a Jester but never expected me to treat you so well. I just want to get to know you since your creepy Ringmaster is always there holding the contract in his clutches, wanting us to get to know eachother more... Thinking I will second guess and change my mind while I have you here."

                "I like it here so far... I bet if you were to stay at the house I live in, My Ringmaster will be the same as your Adviser! Creeping around each corner of the pillars to watch over our every move..." Jimin replied. "I get it if you can't treat me like this anymore. You might aswell start treating me like your Jester. I don't want to use to this if I know my life won't be like this." Jimin said as Jungkook nodded.

              "Jimin.... Do you like your puppet outfit?" Jungkook asked as Jimin nodded.

                "Why are you asking?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook began to think on how to put this.

                "I was thinking of giving you a new outfit... A new outfit for you to fit the Jester role." Jungkook said as Jimin nodded.

                "Oh... I see.." Jimin then tried to make a smile. "I guess I can't hold onto that any longer. Please do what you need to do, My King." Jimin insisted as the King gazed at Jimin.

               "If you want me to start treating you how you will be treated from now on, I guess we can start tomorrow." Jungkook said as Jimin accepted.

              "King Jeon Jungkook!" Shouted Adviser Yang from across the courtyard. Jimin quickly stood up not wanting to be treated poorly by the older man.

            "Ugh..." Jungkook rolled his eyes and stood up. "I guess I'll see you soon.. I feel like I'm going to get a lecture." Jungkook predicted as Jimin looked at the ground.

              "Jungkook..." Jimin said as the younger turned his head. Suddenly Jimin realized he addressed Jungkook by his first name. "Ah, I-I mean My King! My King, if this is too much trouble.. Please treat me like an ordinary staff that works here.." Jimin whispered, constantly looking up at Jungkook's Adviser to see the older man giving him stares.

             "I understand Jimin." Jungkook replied as Jimin felt a bit more better now... Finally the Adviser will stop the constant bothering and shouting at the King just because of this. Jimin really did enjoy the nice treatment and felt like his bond grew deeper with the King, but Jimin knew it wouldn't last so long.

            As soon as Jungkook made his way to his Adviser, Adviser Yang stood there with arms crossed, constantly staring at Jimin and saying more things to the King. Jimin can basically feel the harsh words that came out of the man's mouth. He can even read his lips time to time even if he was far away.

              "Why do you hate him so much?" Jungkook hissed at the adviser, keeping a low voice so Jimin wouldn't hear again. "It's bad enough that he heard you say mean things about him... You are not making him feel welcomed..." Jungkook stated as Adviser Yang shook his head.

             "King Jeon Jungkook... Did you realize some of the servants are starting to think Jimin is going to be your future husband?!" Adviser Yang shot back, leaving Jungkook in silence.

                "H-husband? How? I only had a meal with him twice in the feast room!"

                 "A servant claimed they saw you walk into the room where the Jester stays... At night and a guard claimed you watched the stars with him too..." Adviser Yang continued.

           "Is that wrong? I'm trying to make him feel welcomed!"

             "Well Jungkook, none of your staffs ever saw you treat someone so kindly like Park Jimin. You are very strict to all of them except for your Jester... You are making everyone feel bad!"

              "THEN LET THEM FEEL BAD!" Jungkook shouted out of fustration. It was obvious that the King was sick of hearing the same things over and over again from the same old man who bickered about Jungkook's actions.

             Jungkook wanted to fire the Adviser but every young King must atleast have guidance from a wise man. Believe it or not, Adviser Yang actually did keep Jungkook from going insane due to all the stress that was served to the young man at such a young age for just being King.