Chapter 19: Playing the right cards

"You... Want Jimin to work for me but still work for you? Just say it.. Just say you don't want Jimin to be my Jester. I know it!" Jungkook claimed.

               "But of course.. I want him to be here. Please accept this. Towards the end of the days he'll be with you, you'll know what type of person he is. Take it as a way to get to know him before I end the contract with Jimin."

         "You want me to get to know him more.....in order for you to give up the contract?" Jungkook then scoffed. "You must be stalling.."

                "I want to get off on a good side with you before I go... Jimin is my best friend and I care about him.. It's either this or nothing and we both know we don't want to throw the thought away. You want Jimin... And I don't want to let him down since I do have the power to reject it."

            "Then why don't you let him come to me?" Jungkook asked.

             "I already said I want to know Jimin is safe... So do you want Jimin or not?" Taehyung asked as he held out his hand to shake as Jungkook walked up to Taehyung and shook hands with the tricky Ringmaster.

            It was like Taehyung was  playing his cards right.. He knew Jungkook wanted Jimin to be his Jester desperately so he was able to have the King accept. Due to Taehyung's orders, Jungkook was going to have Jimin in his castle to know him better until the last day Taehyung decides to give in his contract.... The Ringmaster would rather give Jimin's contract up to the King if Jungkook knew Jimin better. It seemed more safe this way.

                Meanwhile, Hoseok was waiting outside of the meeting doors as he sat down on a leather couch pressed against the wall. Hoseok was waiting and also thinking what will happen when Jimin leaves the circus. "Will I have Taehyung now? Will it just be us as close friends in the group?" Hoseok thought as he heard footsteps approach him and youthful giggles.

       Suddenly Sumi ran up to Hoseok and smiled happily. "Hi!" Sumi waved at Hoseok. She remembered Hoseok from the circus performance. He was the dancer.

           "Oh, Hello!" Hoseok greeted the little girl as Sumi ran into Hoseok's arms giving him a big hug now. "Ah, where's your father?"

             "Looking for me!" Sumi giggled as Hoseok's eyes widened.

              "Why are you running from him?" Hoseok asked the little girl as she giggled climbing onto Hoseoks lap.

               "It's funny!" Sumi giggled as she glanced at the hall waiting for Yoongi to come running to find her.

                 "You shouldn't run from him." Hoseok laughed as he held Sumi. The two heard Yoongi down the hall shouting and looking for his daughter while Sumi and Hoseok were waiting on Yoongi.

            "SUMI?! WHERE ARE YOU?" Yoongi shouted while he ran into the entrance of the meeting room where Hoseok and Sumi were laughing. "Oh thank goodness she's here..." Yoongi smiled in relief letting out huffs of breath.

               "Hi, Min Yoongi!" Hoseok smiled standing up with Sumi in his arms. "Here, she came running to me." Hoseok laughed as Yoongi smiled at Hoseok.

             "What are you doing here? Another performance?" Yoongi asked as he held out his hand to hold Sumi's hand.

         Hoseok set the girl down on the ground and focused back at Yoongi. "No not today. My Ringmaster is having a meeting with the King."

               "About what?" Yoongi wondered as Hoseok looked back at the doors of the meeting room.

             "The King wants a Jester." Hoseok claimed as Yoongi nodded, showing he understood.

              "A Jester... That will be such a game changer." Yoongi laughed. "The King hates to have anyone else around him everyday.. That's why the Adviser never stays by him all day."

             "Why doesn't he want anyone near him?"

              "It drives him insane." Yoongi laughed. "Well.. This is what happened when he was younger. He didn't want anyone near him because he liked to do things on his own."

             "Well, I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind that now since he wants a Jester by his side everyday."

             "Sounds nice, I remember his parents had to leave the castle because he didn't want them around.."

               "He banished them?" Hoseok asked in worry now.

                "Well you can say it like that... He didn't want his parents telling him to marry or anything. That reason is still a secret to all of us working here."

               "He banished his own pareants because he didn't want constant bickering in his ear..." Hoseok thought. "I guess you can say he did change now.. He wants one of the performers to become his Jester and be by his side everyday now!"

                "I'm glad he changed for the better.... I think." Yoongi added as he looked at Sumi. "You have to stop running from me!" Yoongi laughed as Sumi let out a cute giggle.

               "She doesn't have anyone to play with?" Hoseok asked as Yoongi shook his head.

               "She has no one at the moment..." Yoongi replied as Hoseok smiled at the girl. "While you are here... Can you help me out with her?"

             "Doesn't she have a mother?" Hoseok asked as Yoongi shook his head slightly.

             "Ah, I see... Well, I would be more than happy to make her smile and keep her company while you work." Hoseok claimed as he picked the girl up, making her giggle.

               "Thank you so much... You are really kind.. Honestly I'm running out of people she can be by now. No one ever has time for her." Yoongi said as Hoseok looked at the older man.

             "No worries... Maybe I can stay a bit longer to watch over her today.. But I think only for today since I don't work at the castle everyday..."

              "Maybe I can talk to the King.. He loves to see Sumi run around happily but he is too busy to take care of her at times.. If I can talk to him about letting you watch over her at times, I think he will!" Yoongi said with a sweet smile at the younger man.

             The smile was nice, Hoseok understood Yoongi needed someone to watch over his daughter so Hoseok decided it was best for him to accept. "Sounds great! I hope the King allows it." Hoseok replied.

           By there Yoongi thanked the older man and promised he will be back shortly after delivering a few important letters from the guards, to their families back in town. Hoseok almost felt bad that Yoongi had to do this all on his own... Raise a little girl who had no family by blood. Yoongi was busy everyday and Sumi was all alone most of the time. Stressing the messenger out while he did his job.