eighteen;

____________________

My new goal is to woo the shit out of Mabel Carter

My new goal is to woo the shit out of Mabel Carter. Maybe it's a way to distract myself from the impending decision that needs to be made regarding my future, but it's also a challenge. And I'll be honest, I'm definitely a man fueled by testosterone and an inexplicable drive to prove myself.

"You're planning a date?" Tyler grins, amusement flickering in his eyes.

He's spotting me in the weight room while I work on the benchpress, and with the way he's been babbling he's not doing a very good job. It's kinda hard to feel safe when the guy lumbering over me is more focused on my dating life rather than the two-hundred pounds of weight that currently run a risk of crushing my sternum.

"Add ten more." I let out a huff as I bring the bar back up to the rack. "And yes. Why is that so funny?"

Tyler slips the weights on the bar, making sure they're secure before coming back to stand by my head. "You don't know shit about romance, Woodsie."

"And you do?" I grunt back, carefully lowering the barbell until it nearly grazes my chest. Tyler's hands follow the movement, never touching the bar, but there just in case I need him to. "Why does everyone think I'm incapable of showing a girl a good time?"

He snorts loudly. "Nobody said that. I'm your housemate dude, I've heard you give plenty of women a good time."

I let out a growl as I exhale. "Fuck off, Ty. I should've never told you—"

"I'm just razzing ya," he interrupts with a lopsided grin. "Switch."

I get to my feet and Tyler takes my place on the bench press.

"So what's your big plan for your romantic evening tonight?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, exhaling through his mouth as he brings the bar down close to his chest.

"Oh hell no, I'm not telling you. Can't have you stealing my moves when you're dating my girlfriend's best friend." I shake my head with a grin. "Fuck that."