twenty-one;

____________________

Somehow, both Hazel and Alex have talked me into coming to one of DU's hockey games

Somehow, both Hazel and Alex have talked me into coming to one of DU's hockey games. They both claimed that it would be a break from a tough week of finals, and nearly begged me to go. I said no to Hazel quite easily, but declining the invitation from Alex didn't go as well. He was just so excited at the idea of me watching him play that I didn't want to let him down, especially with the very real possibility of him having to quit hockey next year. Hence the reason why I currently sit next to Hazel in the bleachers, surrounded by sports fanatics dressed in Denver's team attire of red and gold.

It's easy for me to spot Alex, my gaze is naturally drawn to him as he flies down the ice with the puck. I've never watched a hockey game before now, let alone been to one, so I don't understand a lot of the lingo both the fans and the announcer use, but I have to admit it's still a thrill, and honestly a turn-on, to witness.

The excitement of the crowd is contagious and I find myself standing and cheering with them.

"I thought you didn't like sports," Hazel teases, elbowing me lightly in the ribs.

I roll my eyes at her, biting down on my lower lip to keep from smiling. "I don't," I assure her. "I just like the man playing the sport."

It's Hazel's turn to roll her eyes, and she does so as she flips her long blonde hair over her shoulder. "It's pretty hot, right?" she asks in a whisper. "Seeing them out on the ice like this I mean."

"Hazel," I chastise with a laugh.

"What?" she asks innocently. "I'm just saying I understand the whole idea behind puck bunnies now." She gestures the a row of bleachers below us to prove her point. A group of girls in white t-shirts have painted numbers on them with red and gold.

"Oh god, are we puck bunnies?" I ask in horror, clamping my hand over my mouth.

Hazel gives me a stern look. "Oh please, babe. We have the real thing. Including jerseys." She pulls back her jacket, showing off Tyler's jersey she's wearing.