» Chapter 15

[Warning for underage drinking]

---- From chapter 12 ----

W: So, you started drunk-talking to me in French last night
W: Little weird
W: Lotta sexy

----

Roy made a show of presenting the liquor to the team, holding two glass bottles by their necks in each hand, and wearing a drunken, but convening grin.

Robin gave a lopsided smile, never one to protest fun, and abandoned the controller in his hands and whatever video-game he had been beating Wally at. He made quick, almost lazy work of looping the security footage, and Roy took his actions as a victory.

No less than three minutes ago, Roy had stumbled into the cave with a collection of alcohol, yelling at the computerized voice, despite the fact that his name had been announced as 'Red Arrow.' Roy's eyes were slightly red and his face was flushed, showing that he had already been drinking and clear thinking had checked out, but that wasn't uncommon in Roy even when he was sober. His hair was unkempt and it looked like he hadn't shaved that day.

"Come on guys!" His voice was slightly slurred, urging the rest of the team to follow Robin's lead, and with Kaldur gone there was no one to be the voice of reason. It only took a moment before Roy was welcomed into the living-room-like space, shuffling over his own feet and dropping to the ground next to Robin and Wally like a sack of bricks.

Artemis disappeared into the kitchen to retrieve the well-hidden shot glasses that they kept at the cave, her blonde hair done up in a tall bun. When she returned, she set each one on the table in a row, a small slam radiating from each one as it struck the glass coffee table. Artemis gave a wave, as if being welcomed onto a stage, and stole the fullest bottle from Roy's collection.

She threw it into the air and Roy made a sound of fear from the back of his throat, a high-pitched whine he would never replicate while sober. The bottle spun in the air above their heads while gravity took hold of it and it fell into Artemis's waiting hand. She spun the cap off and, with unmatched skill, tipped the bottle nearly completely upside down and dragged it across the trail of shot glasses she had made. She bowed in an over-the-top fashion, her arms spread out at her sides. She hit Wally over the back of the head as she righted herself, and was rewarded with a loud round of applause from every pair of hands in the room.

Conner stood with a grunt as a way of farewell, his blue eyes scanning over the others before he disappeared down the hallway, Wolf trailing behind him. The Kryptonian was completely immune to the effects of alcohol- unlike Wally, who simply needed lots of strong alcohol in steady supply- which didn't stop him from accepting every drinking challenge ever presented to him, but he was either not in the mood or didn't feel like watching Wally and Robin drunk-flirt. Megan watched after him, their eyes flashing as they spoke into the always open link the two had. They reached for the closest glass, bringing the glass to their lips and tipping their head back with taught skill. Wally's eyes followed their movements as they set the glass back down and rushed in the same direction as Conner, ignoring Roy's childish 'ohhh' that followed them.

Wally yelped as Robin's elbow dug into his side. He straightened up and gave the ninja an innocent smile, rubbing the back of his neck and craning his neck to look over his shoulder as Robin's eyes looked behind him. The redhead glared at Artemis as she sat on the couch, a level over him since he has been kicked onto the floor hours ago, and he made no move to grab a drink. Wally knew one thing, a drunk Dick was a fun Dick, meaning Wally had full intentions of staying sober. Roy hadn't brought enough alcohol to get him anything more than buzzed for a few minutes anyway.