Ch. 1: The Before Times

(Read along with @bookisfornerd to this chapter or read it on your own!)

"Long ago the human species ruled the earth. The world was broken up into seven continents, with hundreds of countries over all, each having their own ruler. Although they weren't a completely peaceful society, they made it work. Their society lived in ways that only one could dream of living.

People gathered and celebrated often.

People were not afraid of traveling outdoors.

People, for the vast majority, were free.

They were far from what anyone considered perfect, but it was times like those,  are now what the human species longed for the most.

It had been a little over one hundred years since he had taken over, unleashing a wave of evil, misery, and death throughout the world.

The elders say the before times held technology that was freely used by the humans that caused them to come to this untimely demise. The unification of all nations came from what they called the World Wide Web. Access to such technology was taken from the humans and given to the Demons.

Cities, towns, nations destroyed leaving humanity to live under constant surveillance. They had to make due with what was left and began to build their lives back up from the bottom under the laws of the underworld.

And this "re-building" contained various results from simple home life to what many refer to the "80s" style of living, to rural farms, to what the rumored world was like before the takeover, animal-like living, post-apocalyptic living, and many others.

Indeed, it was a sad time. Many fights between the humans and demons. It took ten men to take down a demon. Ten lives to never return home.

The Rebellion began shortly after his initial rein. Groups of people began to contact one another whether it be horse mail, travelers, Morris code, radio, and even more rare, emails. Very slowly they had build an underground military that specially trained in taking down the higher power.

In this time of death, hope was beginning to ignite the spirits of many.

And hope came in the form of a child, a child named, (Y/n).

Born to the current leader of the rebellion, (Y/n) would grow up to become one of the, if not the best Demon Assassin the world had ever seen.

She and her faithful soldiers would bring down the demonic hierarchy and bring the world back to peace."