Ch. 6: Dancing with Death

Die steadily walked to Dark's room wondering why he hadn't come out yet. As he approached his chambers light talking filled his ears. He placed his ear against the door then knocked.

The door opened quickly, with Dark's hand grabbing him by the collar, pulling him in and slamming the door shut.

"What the hell is your problem?" Die fixed his collar, shooting Dark a confused look.

He turned his head to see Anti in his suit, sitting in a chair. A curious expression also covered his face.

Dark suddenly held out a piece of paper with a blue smear on it. Die wrinkled his brow and grabbed it, then observed it.

"Is this an invitation? Why is it blue?"

"It's blue because it's fake."

"Fake?" Die paused, "So does that mean —" His voice trailed off.

"We have an unwelcomed guest." Dark breathed. "Maybe this ball should be some entertaining after all."

"Dark, I've been all around this damn building today and I haven't smelled out a single human," Anti spoke up.

"You delivered the news yourself, Anti. This person is in the city. They are also part of an elite squad of human intellectuals. They have studied us for over one hundred years. Though they do not know everything, currently, they know enough."

Anti shifted in his seat. "So what are you going to do about it?

Dark walked over to a cabinet and opened it to see his staff sitting in a stand. He picked it up and observed it. "WE'RE going to let them believe they have the upper hand, and just like a fly in a Dionaea Muscipula, they will meet their untimely fate."

"Ye couldn't just stay fly trap?"
______________________________________

(Y/n) weaved her way through the crowd avoiding anyone and everyone near her. She wasn't scared, but wanted to avoid being caught, and talking to an elite was far from what she had planned.

The only person she was interested in finding was the one and only Darkiplier. The task was more difficult with everyone in masks. Some masks covered their entire faces, others just their eyes or half their face.

"Excuse me, everyone, I would like to have your attention, please." A loud voice boomed across the entire room.

All heads turned towards the staircase where three men stood all wearing matching black masks over their eyes. Her eyes widened the elite three.

"Good evening everyone, I would like to personally thank all of you for attending my ninety-second reception in celebration of another year of freedom across demonkind. We have come a long way since the war, but I also believe we have much longer to go. Unity, strength, and patience shall lead us all to our unlimited success. For this evening though, I ask of all of you to eat, drink, and be merry, thank you."

The crowd began to clap in appreciation of his small speech.

Dark began walking down the steps greeting demons as he made his way. Anti and Die followed behind also talking to the same people. He had to talk to everyone, or mostly everyone. Keeping his image up was important to him, and his popularity.

While he made his rounds to everyone (Y/n) avoided him, for now, to find the best escape route from the castle.

Going out the way she came in was a no-go, due to guards now standing at the door. The next route would be the kitchen, which the human slaves worked, walking in and out with trays of appetizers in their hands. The kitchen had to lead outdoors, but were? That was the only thing that plagued her.