Ch. 23: To the Skies

"Got any threes?" Anti asked.

"Go fish." (Y/n) replied, leaning on her knee.

"Goddamnit." He tossed the cards on the ground.

A smile formed across her face. "Sore loser, huh?"

"I'm not a sore nothing." He stood up shoving his hands into his pockets.

She began pulling the cards together shuffling them in her hands. "Well, we can try another round?"

"Not tonight (Y/n). I have business to take care of in the city. Apparently, they found tunnels underground created by the—uh—" He paused. "Yeah..."

She started thinking about the tunnels, but the strange part was, they weren't created by the rebellion, not more than one. She would know if they were. There was one tunnel leading into the city by the rebellion.

"Where are the tunnels, Anti?"

"Don't you know?"

"If we can talk, off the record. How many tunnels did you find, Anti?"

Anti walked over to the window, gazing out at it. "There's a lot, they're still finding more every few hours. There's nothing inside them, but they're six feet tall and six feet wide. Now, what can ye tell me?"

"We have one tunnel. It's a safety tunnel. If you find it, I'm asking in exchange for information you leave it alone. Do we have a deal?"

"We have a deal, (Y/n). Just give me one good reason to believe you?"

"I told you we have a safety tunnel. It's different than the ones you've seen. If you find it, leave it alone." She repeated. "If it exists then you're the first to know, if it doesn't exist, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to need you to make sure no one else finds it if you do, alright?"

"That seems fair." He nodded slightly. "I'll uh — I'll leave it be if I come across it."

"Thank you."

"Yer just lucky I'm having a good day. I'll see you later." He blurred out away leaving a trail of black smoke behind him.

Her gaze moved up to the window out at the bright moon. She couldn't see it, and it bugged her.

She stood up and walked over to the clear glass. It'd been a while since she'd been outside. Below the window was the garden that extended decently far out with different flowers. She'd gotten out there before, how hard would it be now?

(Y/n) thought it through and decided it was worth the risk. If she would only stay on property, near the door, how bad would it be?

The task itself was very hard.

Because the doors were heavily guarded.

And she was in no mood to start a riot over going outside to see the moon. There was an easier solution, something she hadn't done since her teenage years.

She swiftly moved back to her room and waited an hour until the castle had settled down for the night. While she waited she began tying her sheets together, opposite corner to opposite corner. After two sheets and two comforters, she decided to test out its length.

(Y/n) opened up her windows leading to the small balcony and tied one end to the railing. She tossed the excess over the side and watched it fall. It was about five to eight feet from the ground, which was perfect for her.

She made one last glance around her to make sure she wasn't being watched then began climbing to the other side. She eased herself down the fabric that danced in the wind.