Ch.34: Light Hearted

(Y/n) had enough of sitting around her room. She was going to go and no one was going to stop her, not even if demons were standing guard outside.

She opened her bedroom door slowly to see there were no guards in the hall. This was her chance to leave. Cautiously, she walked out, pulling her black hood over her head and tucking her hands into her pockets.

The sun was almost set with barely any light pushing through the windows. Over and over she cursed Dark in her mind until she reached the library. That was her home away from home.

She wondered how her father and mother were doing since Rose had passed as well as her brother and nieces and nephew. She wondered if they missed her as much as she missed them.

She opened the doors to the library slowly. After flicking the lights on she walked over to a pile of books she wanted to read and grabbed one off the top. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyenvsky. A murder story.

(Y/n) sat upon a window sill and opened the old book. It was going to be a long night, and if she could avoid thinking, then at least her emotions would be at bay.

✂ ————————————

Dark opened the door to (Y/n)'s room after several unanswered knocks, but she was no where to be found.

He placed his hand upon his chest over his heart. Once the de uno suo occurs the demon is connected to the person of interest in a number of ways. One way is feeling their emotions deep down inside. Right now he could feel her anger, her sorrow, and the very fact she was in love.

He walked out of her room with the vague scent of her on his nose. With nothing more he could do, he followed it.

Dark wasn't happy with how he had treated her within the last 24 hours. He reverted to calling her human again, something he didn't want to do. She was hardheaded, he had to remember.

A left turn made his suspicion true. The library. "Of course..." He spoke to himself.

He kept light on his feet to make sure she wouldn't hear him coming along. The door to the library was slightly cracked with the lights on. He peered in then opened the door slowly making sure it wouldn't squeak.

His eyes slowly gazed around the room, and his ears focused on every noise that could occur. So far, nothing moved. He walked inside more looking down some of the isles of books until he saw her asleep on the window sill.

She was curled up in a ball facing towards the window. Her book laid faced down on the floor.

"She's tired." He thought. "I am not surprised."

Dark picked up her book, looking over the title then placed it on the sill. He was conflicted over whether or not he should wake her and talk to her or let her sleep.

He sat down at the far end and looked over her as she peacefully slept. Breath in, breath out. At that moment he slid off his suit coat and placed it over her upper body.

Though he knew she wouldn't answer, he spoke anyway. "Forgive me, Spero, for the last twenty-four hours of my manners. I was rude to you, unkind, unjust, and unfair. When you wake, I'm going to discuss Die with you, and what will happen to him. What we can do to help. It all takes time, patience, and the right person to deal with it all. Thank you for helping him."

Dark scooted down slightly and leaned over her to place a kiss onto her cheek. Just as he was about to, she turned her head quickly and peck him on the lips just as they met.

Dark jumped away, not expecting the sudden action. He almost seemed betrayed, and disgusted. "Excuse you!" He blurted out.

She sat up slowly with a smile on her face. "What? Was it that awful?"