Ch. 13: In Your Place

"I can't help but think he's planning something, something bigger than what he's told you." Die pondered the thought as he buttoned up a plaid shirt.

"If he knew you two were helping me I'm sure he's planning something else, but the question is what exactly." (Y/n) sat patiently on Die's bed, waiting for her room to be ready.

Just as the thought crossed her mind Anti entered the room. "Yer room is ready. Come on."

She hopped off the bed and followed Anti along. "Are you coming with?"

"No, I won't be. I have matters to attend to. Enjoy your evening. I'll be by to check on you later."

She nodded and closed the door behind her.

"C'mon, lets go." Anti stood at the end of the hallway rushing her along.

"I'm coming!" She trotted along the way to catch up to him. "Where's my room at?"

"The worst place possible." He laughed a little. "Yer in for a real treat."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes wondering the location. She continued to follow him without a word looking around at the castle walls. It was all so extra and unnecessary. What was the point of having so big for three people? Was every room used?

After another minute or two of walking, Anti stopped in a corridor with doors on either side of the hall all the way down. He turned to his left to open a door, but (Y/n) was more interested in the door across from it. It was much larger than any other door to other rooms. With intricate designs all through it.

"What room is that?"

Anti stopped and turned, "Not what, who. That's Dark's room."

"I beg your— Dark's room?"

"His bedroom."

"And I'm—"

"Right across from him, keep up, lass, and don't be surprised, he knows how skilled you are. I'd probably do the same thing." He continued walking inside with her behind him.

The room looked similar to Die's and Anti's. It was about the same size with small style difference. The most notable feature though was a balcony leading outside from the window.

"Welcome to yer new home—fer now."

She walked in more and sat on the bed. "This will do, I guess."

"You guess? Yer lucky to even be in here."

"The only thing I need now is clothing."

"Oh yeah, I guess you can't keep wearing the same thing, hmm." Anti rubbed his chin. "I'll talk to Die about getting you some different clothing." He snapped his fingers suddenly, "Before I forget! Dark left the rules on your dresser. He said everything should be there."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "Great."

"I'll check on you in a bit. Whatever you do, don't leave the room." He pointed at her.

"I got it. I won't leave." She replied. 

"Good." He walked out the door closing it behind him.

She laid back on her bed and let out a long sigh of frustration. For all she knew, there was no chance at all she would ever leave the castle ground and see her family again. She would grow old here and die. Her life was in the hands of a demon who was ready to kill her at any moment. She was thankful though that he was hesitant, that her life had value for this situation.

(Y/n) decided to check out the list Dark had left for her. She made her way to the dresser and picked up a piece of paper with neatly written words.