Ch. 29:

It had been hours since Dark had left to get the staff and he still hadn't returned. (Y/n) sat in the window sill in her room, reading a book and continuously staring out into the woods. It was growing Dark, and the storm still hadn't passed.

Anti had patched up her skin and left for other duties. Mainly making sure he knew where Die was at all times. It was upon her request to do so. She wasn't ready to talk to him, and wouldn't be for a while. She felt safe, but with Dark there she'd feel safer.

Worry was on her mind and the books could only help dissolve that so much.

Anti appeared in her room with a plate of food. "Ding ding ding, yer food is ready! Bone apple teeth!" He pulled off the lid displaying it to her.

Her lack of excitement worried him.

"I said ta-da, and I'm not doing it again."

"Sorry, Anti I'm just — how long does it take to kill a dog and come back? We weren't that deep in the woods."

He placed the food on the dresser and walked over to her. "Yeah, it's a bit strange he's not back. BUT, he's fine."

"How do you know?"

"I've known the lad for — well — a long time, alright? Trust me."

"I don't know Anti, I just feel — weird."

"Just yer nerves. Sometimes he disappears for days at a time. Hasn't done it in a while, but it happens." He knew his words wouldn't do much. "How about this, if he isn't back by morning I'll go out and look for him."

"Can't you go tonight?"

"Well, not for a while. I actually came back for another reason too."

"And that is?"

The door to her room opened, and Die walked inside. "I guess that's my que."

"Absolutely not!" (Y/n) raised her voice. "Get him out of here Anti."

"Hear'im out, alright?" Anti stepped close to her.

She stood up, aggressively throwing the book down. "Why should I?"

"You shouldn't." Die looked to the side, he couldn't look her in the eyes.

"You need to get your shit straight, Die." She crossed her arms.

"I know, (Y/n).. Please just listen for a minute though. I promise you I won't be long."

"You've got one minute." She pointed to the clock in her room.

He took a deep breath. "I don't have a valid excuse for my actions, at all. You're —" He smirked. "— not afraid of anything, and I'm afraid of , well, quite a bit. I'm jealous of you. You talked back to me without a hint of fear in your eyes." He paused. "I'm very scared, (Y/n) of the state of the world. Everything is in a very delicate balance, and that itself causes unimaginable pressure. I want to—" Die rubbed his hands together nervously. "I want help. I want to do well and remain calm. I'm not myself, and as the days pass I'm becoming more and more aggravated than the day before." His eyes looked up to meet hers. "I'm very sorry for the way I acted, and if I may ask for your help, to be myself again."

(Y/n) held her stern posture and facial expression but inside she felt guilty for the way she spoke to him. Anger had gotten the best of her.

"You're asking me for help?" She clarified.

"If you're willing to give it to me."

A small smile formed on her face. "Yeah, maybe I—"

Die's eyes widened upon seeing a figure outside of her window come closer and closer. The darkness didn't give away what it was, but he knew for a fact it wasn't going to stop. Without saying a word he rushed to (Y/n), grabbing Anti's sleeve along the way and wrapping them both within either arm. He then spread his wings and tucked them around all three of them, cocooning them as much as possible before falling to the side.