Ch. 35: Not Today

(Y/n) could no longer feel the solid floor beneath her. Instead, she felt the cool yet cozy comforters over her. She opened her eyes and sat up slowly, clutching the fabric.

She remembered she was in Dark's room. Her little lie, which he totally didn't believe, lead to her staying in there, but not on the bed, on the floor.

"He moved me.." She thought.

Normally any slight movement would wake her up, but after all this time in the castle, she'd finally, sort of, relaxed.

The next question is, where was Dark?

Taking "back" the crown so to speak meant he had to attend duties and paperwork. She said she'd visit as well.

(Y/n) tossed the covers aside and got up, then hurried herself to the door. The moment she opened it though, two women stood at it. An old woman and a young girl. This made her jump.

"Good morning Miss. (Y/n)," the old woman spoke.

"Uh, hi, good morning?" The two were holding folded clothing and fabrics. "Can I — help you?"

"We are here to ready you for the day." She smiled.

"Ready me? For what?"

The young girl then spoke up, "Master Dark has requested us to assist you today. He —"

"Listen," (Y/n) stopped her. "I don't need help, you're not a slave, you shouldn't be a slave here. I'm okay, I can work on my own. Thank you though."

"Miss (Y/n)," The old woman began, "We are actually very eager to help you. Since your arrival, despite the loss of a staff member, Dark has lightened up tremendously over the last few months. He has increased pay, given us more food, clothing and better access to other means of living. For most of us, he has shortened out years here at the castle as well. We are in debt to you."

"To me? I'm literally held captive here."

"Be that as it may, without your presence we would surely be living in poorer conditions." The old woman smiled. "It would be my honor to assist you for the day."

(Y/n) paused for a few moments. "Is this a prank?"

"No, we promise." The young girl spoke up. "My name is Eliza, and this is Ann."

"Why did Dark send you two?"

Ann smiled, "We do not know, we were only given tasks. The first task being your bath."

"My bath?"

✂ ————————————

(Y/n) and the two other women walked into a large bathroom that held a stone bathtub and a large shower. The sink resembled a small waterfall.

"This is Dark's bathroom?" (Y/n)'s eyes grew wide at the site. "Why the hell does he need a bathroom this large?"

"He enjoys his space," Ann answered. "Do you need assistance in the bath?"

"No! No, I don't — I uh — I can handle it."

"Very well, I will leave your robe here. We will be cleaning Master Dark's bedroom." Ann and Eliza then left the room.

(Y/n) let out a long sigh approaching the large bathtub. There were two large handles on the side. She twisted the hot, and slightly the cold. Suddenly from several different holds on the side of the tub water began to pour out.

"Livin' the dream, aren't we Dark?" She lightly laughed to herself.

She suddenly realized that they only left her a robe and a towel. No clothing. Nothing. The bathtub only took minutes to fill up. Her aching muscles were dying for a soak like this one. Steam rose up from the water inviting her in to enjoy it.