Ch. 19: Impure

Die walked out of (Y/n)'s room after talking to her about her day. For the first time in a while she was having a great time and actually enjoyed the presence of Dark. She told him all about their shenanigans throughout the day.

The more Die listened the more unhappy he became. He excused himself for the night, not comfortable with continuing the conversation.

He walked outside of her room just as Dark was walking towards his.

"Ah, Die, how did the work day treat you?" Dark's formal accent had returned.

"It was alright." He answered plainly. "I got a lot of work done."

"Wonderful!"

"And you're day with (Y/n)?"

"I discovered much more than I had realized was possible. Tomorrow I believe I'll attain more results."

"I see," Die nodded. "How long do you believe this process will go on for?"

"A few months, I believe I'll have all the information I need— maybe even more."

"And then what?"

Dark wrinkled his brow. "I'm not sure what you mean?"

"Well, you study her and learn everything you need to, then what?"

There was some silence between the two, "I'm not quite sure yet, Die. I'll let you know as soon as I figure it all out, don't worry my friend."

Die nodded once more, with a fake smile upon his face, "Have a good night, Dark."

"You as well!"

Sarah was right, Die had grown close to (Y/n) in the few weeks that she'd been there. With that being said it was especially apparent that he was NOT happy with the way Dark was going about this. Leaving her into a false sense of safety over a personality the world hasn't seen in years was completely unfair to her. What could he say though? Defending a human? He would be laughed at, mocked, and ignored. For now, he kept his mouth shut and focused on taking care of Dark's tasks.

(Y/n) had grown into a routine with Dark in the few weeks that came. He would find her generally sometime after lunch and fool around the castle for the day.

There was much more detail inside that she had never noticed. There were also still several rooms she wasn't allowed inside of, which kept her curious most of the time.

Neither Anti nor Die saw much of her anymore since most of her time was consumed by Dark.

Anti, bothered by this, decided to approach Die about the situation.

He wondered the halls trying to think of ways to bring it up to him, not knowing how much he was bothered by it.

After gathering his thoughts he went to Dark's office, striding inside confidently.

"Die, I need to—is that a suit?" He paused looking over at Die who was well dressed.

"Yes, I have a meeting today with four leaders of the country." He placed his paperwork down. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Come and sit, I have a few minutes."

Anti walked in and sat down on the chair in front of Die, pulling together his words. "I'm—" He stopped talking, uncomfortable with his feelings.

"You're—"

"I just think that— no— (Y/n), she—" He groaned in frustration.

"What about (Y/n)?"