Ch. 4: Preparation

"SHE WHAT?!" Grace yelled.

"She left, this morning," Rose answered.

"Honey I think you need to relax." Mark placed his hands on his wife's shoulders.

She immediately tossed them off. "Relax?! My DAUGHTER, my ONLY daughter left to face Dark and told NO ONE."

"She told me. We had a lovely discussion about it over tea."

"TEA?!"

Dean walked over to his mother and lead her away from Rose. "Come on Mom, let's get you some air or something."

"I don't need air, I need my daughter!" Her voice became lighter and lighter until it wasn't heard at all.

Mark let out a long breath then looked over at Nana Rose. "How much of this is your doing, Nana?"

She picked up her tea-cup and took a sip of it. "She made her decision, I just supplied her with all she needed to pursue it. There was no push."

"Where is she at now?"

"She is heading towards the capital to another remote base we have there. As soon as she gets there we'll have contact with her. She is in good hands."

"I pray she is." Mark looked up at the large screen in front of him studying the map of the country.

There were many dots across the screen representing Rebellion bases. They came in four colors determining their current state; green meant all was well at the base, yellow meant they were on alert, red meant high alert, and black meant they were under attack.

As of now, all were green except the base he and his family were at.

"The base she's going to is code green, so we're fine, for now."

"She is safe there, Mark. I promise you."

"I really hope you're right, Nana."

__________________________________

"Ms. (Y/n), We're here." The driver spoke to her.

She looked out the window to see an ordinary looking structure in front of her. An abandoned office building with caution tape spread across it.

"Uh— are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

The man stepped out of the car and opened up her door. She followed him under the caution tape. The inside didn't look good either with parts of the building decaying away. The outskirts of the city were run down, and his building was no exception.

They walked inside up to a door. The man opened it and revealed what looked like a brand new elevator.

"After you." He smiled.

She looked around just before walking inside. The man joined her, closed the door, and pushed a button.

She had only been on an elevator three times in her life, this being the fourth.

They reached the bottom and the doors opened up to a base very similar to the one back home. Many people walked around attending to their duties. It seemed much busier, but they were located outside the capital after all.

"Commander Nes." The man called out.

A tall man stood amongst a group of others. He was easily the odd one out. He had short brown hair, and slight facial hair, as well as a long scar line that went from the corner of his mouth down to his neck. He also had on what seemed to be battle gear as if he were going out to fight demons any second. (Y/n) studied him and his actions, trying to read the man before he said hello.