Ch. 25: Visiting Hours

The next few days (Y/n) felt more determined than ever. She thought it had been way too long since she'd trained and decided it was time to stretch out those muscles.

She had asked Anti to spar with her. The best practice is against a demon or whoever is attacking her. One of the top three though is a better partner than anything else.

"You have to be faster," Anti called out. "I could have gotten yer feet, lass."

(Y/n) breathed heavily. They were going at it for hours and hadn't taken a break. "I know — I know but if I didn't block your claws my eyes would have been a goner." She leaned over her knees as sweat dripped onto the floor.

Anti approached her throwing a towel over his back. "Let's take a break."

"NO!" She called out aggressively.

He was taken back by the boom in her voice. "Lass, we've been doing this for hours. Hell, for days. Your body needs time to recover from all this exorcize."

"I still have so much to work on."

"And that's alright. Ye got lots of time to figure it out."

But she didn't. Nana Rose was dying and she needed to see her asap. She needed to know everything.

"If it helps, yer the strongest, fastest, and trickiest human I've ever fought." He pat her on the back. "Go take a load off lass, we'll pick this up tomorrow, alright?"

"Whatever you say, Anti, thanks." She sat up placing her hands on her hips.

She wasn't done training today. She couldn't be. There was too much at stake. So she decided the next demon to fight would be the one who brought he down months ago.

Dark.

It wouldn't be anything serious, but it would be a challenge and that's what she needed.

✂ ————————————

Dark walked down one of the long hallways in search of (Y/n). He had been anxious to know why she'd been so distant the last few days. It was much unlike her as far as he knew.

He had been feeling different since he took her to the skies. Something that confused him, angered him, and overall he wasn't sure how to take it.

While thinking about this he had a strange feeling that he was being watched. His hair raised on his back, yet every time he turned around there was nothing there.

He decided he'd feel better in a more spacious area, so he made his way to the ballroom. As he walked through the wide doors and down the steps he remembered the music that moved through the room to which hundreds of demons would dance to. The pure joy he would feel being amongst friends.

"I know you're there." He spoke up, then turned slowly.

Behind him (Y/n) stood still with her head low. Right away he noticed that she, herself, was off.

"Spero, are you alright?"

"Dark, I need you to fight me."

He let out a light laugh. "Fight you? And for what reason is this?"

She didn't answer but rushed towards him. He crossed his arms to block her attack which kept coming until she tried to kick out his legs from underneath. He jumped back from her, utterly surprised and confused.

"Spero, what is the meaning of this?"

"I want you to fight me."

"Have you lost your mind?" His voice hardened.