Ch. 20: Atmosphere

Part of the creatures eye was revealed from it's pulled skin. (Y/n) had done some damage to it. Their eyes were very sensitive to light.

"What the hell is an Impure doing out in the daytime?" (Y/n) was brimming with anger and confusion.

The same question though plagued Dark's mind as well. He pushed it aside and rushed the Impure. The creature was fearless in it's attack to Dark as well. It was angry. This one seemed a bit different than the other two he had just killed.

It dashed towards Dark then diverted to his left, disappearing into a thick section of woods.

He turned and jumped out of the way just as it tried to attack him.

"It's fast." He thought, "It almost got me."

He continued jumping back a few more feet until it slammed its own head into a tree.

"Not the brightest individual, are we?" He spoke to it.

The Impure backed up a few feet, shook its head, and growled at Dark.

"Just kill it and get out of there!" (Y/n) called out to Dark.

Dark rolled his eyes then jumped up to a tree branch. He continued to jump from branch to branch hoping to get above the creature.

Little was he expecting it to follow him along. They were not known to climb trees, ever, which shocked him. Instead of attacking it, he was running from it. His plan was shot.

(Y/n) studied Dark and was confused as to why he wouldn't kill it, then it came to her, something about this fight was off, completely, and she was not about to sit there and watch it all happen.

Near her was a broken rock, with sharp fragments all around it. She pushed around pieces until she could the longest, sharpest part there was. She grabbed it and started towards Dark.

He jumped out of the tree and landed on the ground just as the creature was about to grab him. He had no clue where the creature was after he hit the ground until it pounced on top of him. It's sharp claw grazed his forearm in the process.

It's long fingers held both of his arms down. It was strong. Its face began moving closer to Dark's, opening up a wide jaw, much like a snake, and revealing thousands of tiny sharp teeth.

"Hey ugly!" (Y/n) called out.

It stopped in its tracks and turned towards (Y/n). Moments after turning a large rock came spinning at it, right into its face. The sharp end of the rock went into its eye, causing it to scream in pain.

Dark, now free from its grip, took this opportunity to knock it over. It landed perfectly on the sharp rock, causing it to dig deeper into its head, killing it instantly.

Several moments passed without either of the two making a noise, or moving a muscle. They looked at one another, then the creature to see it was still there.

A black smoke began emitting from its face rising up and through the leaves. Dark had never seen this before. Most if not all creatures turned to dust. He stood up slowly feeling a throbbing pain throughout his right arm. He wanted to get a better look at this smoke.

"Dark, don't!" (Y/n) called out.

It was much too late though to do anything. He took a breath of the black air, trying to figure out what it was. Little did he know its effects. His vision suddenly doubled. He looked up at her and it tripled.

(Y/n) could see he was becoming wobbly, his body swaying left and right. She rushed towards him hoping to get there before he fell.

He stumbled a few feet backward till she wrapped her arm around his chest, keeping him up.