Ch. 9: Slipping Through

Dark walked the hallways of his castle in deep thought about his capture. He had longed for a day like this to come, but now that it was here, he wasn't sure how to go about the situation.

"M-My lord." A guard slowly approached Dark.

"Yes? How can I help you?"

"She escaped."

His eyes enlarged.

_______________________________________

An alarm blared through the castle.

Anti rushed out of his room to Die's who was also walking out, putting on a T-Shirt.

"What the hell is going on?" Anti asked.

"I don't fucking know."

"We have to find Dark."

"Boys!" Dark called out as he walked down the hallway, two guards followed behind him. "We have a problem."

"Yeah, that damn alarm is making me ears ring, turn it off." Anti held his hands against his ears.

"She escaped," Dark announced plainly. "But she's still in the castle. The doors are too heavy for her."

"How the hell did she escape?" Die raised his voice.

"Does it look like I know, Mors?!" Dark's voice boomed over his. "Now split up and find her."

"Yes, Sir." Both Anti and Die answered before turning away and running in the opposite direction.

Dark also turned and walked away with the guards following behind.

Meanwhile (Y/n) sat up in the rafters waiting for them to leave. It was much harder for her to climb up there, and even harder to hold herself. When the voices became distant she jumped down.

The first thing on her mind was changing out of her clothing into something more comfortable. It was convenient she was just outside of Die's room. If she didn't see them come out she'd continue running around in a flimsy dress.

(Y/n) slipped into Die's bedroom closing the door slowly behind her. His room was very similar to Dark's, just not as large. She rushed over to his dresser and began pulling open each of the drawers. Someone who adored the early years as much as, he had to have clothing from that time.

It took a while before she discovered t-shirts and skinny jeans that she stole without a second thought. She was used to this clothing and miss matches of other clothing.

After rolling up the bottom of the jeans she made her way back out into the hallway, only to make awkward eye contact with a servant dusting the paintings.

"Uh..", was the only noise she could articulate.

"It's you..." She dropped her duster. "The rebel."

(Y/n) held up her hands in defense. "Please don't — I mean —"

"It's alright, I'm with the rebellion as well. They've been looking for you."

She let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god, I thought I was going to have to hurt you. Who's they?"

"Commander Nes and his men."

"Do you have any updates you can give me, soldier?"

"Your father is coming to the capital."

"I hear talking! This way!" A guard yelled.

"Tell them I'm fine and that I'll be able to handle myself." (Y/n) began to back away from the guards quickly approaching.

She made an abrupt turn down a hall and ran as fast as she could, remembering what Die had told her. Some aspects of the halls looked familiar, others not so much. She followed the torches to the center of the castle, taking a small rest to figure out where she was. The ceiling held a mural of what looked like the great war with Dark being the predominant figure.