Ch. 21: Dinner for None

"Yooooo, (Y/n)," Anti called out as he knocked on the library doors. "Ye in here?"

"Yeah, come on in, Anti."

Anti walked into the library and whistled at the sight before him. Half the room was covered in yellow paint. She stood on a latter across the room working on a section. Yellow paint spotted itself across her hands and her shirt.

"It's really coming along there, lass."

"Do you like it?" She turned towards him.

"It's bright as hell. A lot better than that old brown color." He tucked his hands into his pockets and walked in more. "Ye did this all by yerself?"

"Yeah," She began stepping down from the latter. "I asked Dark to help me but he never showed up."

"Do you have an extra brush?"

"What?" She laughed a bit. "You want to help me?"

"Aye, I've got nothin' better to do, and with Dark up yer ass, I haven't seen you much."

(Y/n) walked over to a board on the ground, picking up a brush for Anti. "Does the great Antisepticeye enjoy my presence? The same demon who said he'd never befriend a human?"

"Alright, alright, enough with the sarcasm. Yer lucky I'm here, y'know."

"Just shut up and paint." She smiled and turned back to continue her painting.

"Shut up, eh?" He dipped his brush into one of the open containers. "Hey (Y/n)."

"Hmm?" She turned just as he flicked the brush at her causing a splatter of paint to hit part of her face and chest. "Anti!"

"That'll teach'a. Tell me to shut up, pff. Why I—" He was cut short as she flicked her own brush at him, yellow paint covering his black shirt. He held the bottom out, "This was my favorite shirt!"

"Oh my gosh, you have like twenty black shirts, I'm sure you'll survive."

"You wanna go, princess?" He smiled cracking his knuckles.

She pointed her brush, threatening him. "Antisepticeye, if you get one drop of paint on these books I'll kill you!"

"Oh relax, we're not going to get any paint on the books." He suddenly moved quickly grabbing the bucket of paint and (Y/n)'s arm, blurring the two outside into the garden.

She wasn't sure as to what had just happened until Anti splattered paint on her.

"NOW we can fight!" He laughed.

She grabbed the bucket and dashed away from him, hiding behind a shrub. "You're cleaning this up!"

"Loser cleans this up, and I don't lose!"

✂ ————————————

"Die, are you busy at the moment?" Dark entered his office to see Die sitting at the desk writing down information.

"No, just copying notes." He placed his pencil down. "I thought for sure you'd— well, you look rather nice."

He noticed Dark wearing a black dress shirt with a button or two opened at the top, along with blood red pants, and shiny black shoes. "It's been a few weeks since I've dressed up, does it look...presentable?"

"It's nice, really nice, but what's up?" He leaned back in the chair.

"In order to properly thank Spero for...helping me, I've decided to hold dinner for all four of us. A feast if I may. Often times we all eat alone, or not at all, and seeing that she has taken to you and Anti I believe it'd be wonderful if you'd both be there."