Ch. 14: Insult to Injury

Anti walked down the hallway with Die close behind. He held in his hands (Y/n)'s morning meal, while Die held a box of clothing for her. They were both in relatively good spirits today.

They had been though since she had shown up to the castle. It seemed to liven up the atmosphere.

"Die, get the door."

"Get the door? Really?" He spoke as he gestured the box occupying his hands. "You literally only need one hand to hold the plate, just open the door."

Anti rolled his eyes shifting the plate to one hand and opening the door and waltzed inside.

"Rise and sh— why is it dark in here?"

The curtains were drawn over the window with little sunlight peaking through.

"(Y/n)?" Die called out while place the box down. "I got you clothing."

Anti walked to the window and opened up the curtains while Die walked towards the bed.

He seemed confused as to why she wasn't awake yet. Normally she was an early riser.

Die spotted a lump underneath the covers that didn't seem to be moving much besides breathing. He grabbed the top of the cover and pulled it down just to reveal her head.

"Holy shit.." He breathed.

Dry blood covered the pillow where her mouth was, as well as her head. Her eye was bruised and her lip was cut. She was a mess.

He ripped down the covers revealing her body and it wasn't much better. She laid curled up. Bruises littered her exposed arms and legs.

"What's taking so long over there?" Anti walked up behind Die to see her. "What the fuck happened?!"

Die reached out lightly pushing her shoulder, "(Y/n)! (Y/n), answer me!"

Her eyes flashed open and looked around quickly. Her breathing quickened and panic took over. She slapped away Die's hand and backed away from him.

"No! Please! No! Stay away!" She backed up too far and fell off the other side of the bed.

"(Y/n), what the hell happened to you?" Die rushed around the bed while Anti crawled over it.

She backed away even further to the corner of the room mumbling words that were incoherent to them. She held herself while bracing for impact that wasn't going to come.

"What the hell happened to you, lass?" Anti inquired.

The two closed in but stayed about five feet away.

Die lowered himself to the ground, making himself level with her, "Anti she's in shock. I'm not sure she even knows whats going on."

"I'm going to get something to clean her up, try to grab her in the meantime." Anti suddenly blurred away.

(Y/n) visibly shook in the corner keeping eye contact with Die. He studied her appearance and the longer he looked the worse it became. His t-shirt she had worn was torn and bloodstained, and her hair was knotty and messy.

"(Y/n), take a deep breath for me, okay?" He spoke softly, then took a small step closer.

She yelped from his movement and cowered even more.

He held his hands up. "Alright! Okay! I won't come close to you, I just want to help you, like before."

"Before?" Her shaky voice spoke out.

"What happened to you?" He let out a sigh, "Come on, snap out of it."

She paused and looked down at the floor searching her thoughts. "I fought him."