Ch. 33: Treason

Die laid in his bed with a cold cloth on his head, and his covers pulled up to his neck. His eyes twitched and furrowed until they spread open wide.

He sat up abruptly taking deep breaths and snapping his head in every direction.

(Y/n) gently placed her hands on his shoulders. "Relaxat, relaxat."

(Relax, relax)

His breathing began to slow down the moment he looked up to her. It was more than a relief to see a familiar face. The exact face he wanted to see anyway.

"(Y/n)?"

"You're okay." She smiled at him. "You're safe now."

He took a deep breath in then let it out slowly. "What the hell happened?"

"I rather you not think about that right now. I want you to relax. You're hurt."

Die was relentless though. It was only after she spoke those words did he notice his chest wrapped up and the soreness he was feeling in his head. "Did you wrap me up? Who hurt me? What happened?"

"One question at a time." She picked up the cloth and walked it into his bathroom, running it under cold water. "You seemed to lose control of yourself."

He held his hand against his head. "Everything in my memory is white."

She walked back out with the cloth. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember leaving the castle to see a friend.." He paused. "Oh no.."

Die suddenly flipped the covers off his bed and stood up, only to be hit with pain in his chest like a bag of bricks. This only delayed him before he stood up completely.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" (Y/n) questioned.

She grabbed onto his shirt and dragged him away from his dresser, back to his bed.

"I need to go back out there — I need to get...someone.."

She raised a brow and pointed at the bed. "Bed. Now. You're in a lot more trouble than you think, and I rather you here with me than out there answering questions you don't even have the answer to."

"Questions?"

She sighed. "Yes, but I want to hear what you know first before I tell you what I know. Okay?"

He laid back into his bed in defeat. Moments after she placed the cloth back onto his forehead. He was hurt and had no clue what was going on. "Fine."

"So before we go any further, who is her, Die? That's all you said to me yesterday."

"Yesterday!?" He sat up slightly.

She gently pushed him back down. "Shhhhh, yes. Yesterday. You've been out cold ever since. Now, who is she?"

He looked away from her slightly. "I can get into a lot of trouble for telling you."

"You're going to be in a lot of trouble if you don't. I'll keep it between us though." She held out her pinky.

It had been so long since Die had done a pinky swear, let alone meant it. He took her's in his no less though.

"Her name is Sarah. She was an old woman in the marketplace. We met a long time ago when the city moved it's Sunday markets over to her block. I often go out amongst the humans because I like the culture that comes with it. It always felt warm. I used to buy a lot of things from her and as time went on she became a like — mother figure to me. We had a fight recently about — my position right now, I went to apologize and the entire block was destroyed."