Ch. 5: Spero

"Alright (Y/n), rise and shine!" Nes entered her room and yelled.

(Y/n) pulled her pillow over her head, wrapping herself up tighter in her blankets. "Let me be."

"Let you be? It's twelve in the afternoon. The party starts at four. We need to get you all done up." He grabbed the bottom of her blanket and yanked it off of her only to reveal another blanket underneath. "What the—"

She flipped over and stared at the ceiling. "What the hell do you mean 'all done up'?"

"Your hair, your makeup, the dress, you have to look rich."

"I haven't worn a dress since I was like— I don't know, eleven."

"Do you know what a prom is?"

"Prom, noun, a formal dance, especially one held by a class in high school or college at the end of a year."

"Kids used to have them all the time before the dark days, no pun intended. It's just a social gathering, you dance a little, eat a little, grab Dark's staff and get the hell out of there, maybe socialize." He sang.

"What if it's not there?" She sat up rubbing her eyes.

"If it's not there you just need to wait out the night and return to us."

"No plan B?"

"You let us figure that out, alright? Now, we need to get you moving." Nes cupped his hands together. "MARIO, SHE'S READY!"

(Y/n)'s face twisted in disgust. "Can you not yell, and who the hell is Mario?"

"He's going to make sure all runs smoothly with your outfit today, your appearance is vital."

"Did someone call my BEAUTIFUL name?" Mario waltzed into her room with a tape measure around his shoulder. He was a short, slightly heavier, bald, African American. "Oh THERE she is, my goodness, you're like royalty." He covered his mouth upon seeing (Y/n).

"Hello Mario, is everything ready for this evening?"

"Oh it's more than ready, honey. She's going to be the hottest deomon-non-demon at that ball." He turned towards her. "Don't worry Doll, I'll have you looking like a fine cut of meat. Come, come, come."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She slowly stood up stretching her arms out.

Mario studied her figure, walking around her. "Mhm, just as I thought."

"What?"

"Listen, I only had pictures to go off of for this dress, and I am goooood. If this doesn't fit you, well slap me with a fish and call me Sam." He hit her lightly and laughed.

"Can you take it from here, Mario?" Nes asked.

"I've been waiting a long time for this day, now it's girl time, goodbye." Mario began to push Nes out of the room.

He laughed and began to leave, "Alright, I'll let you at it."

"First things first, girl, you need a shower and a shave."

She lifted her arm and smelled, "I showered last night."

"Well, you're showering again!" He began to push her in the direction of the bathroom.

_______________________________________

Dark walked out of his shower. The room was filled steam. It was a rather large bathroom. At least six people could fit in the shower alone.

He made his way over to the mirror while wrapping a towel around his waist. Dark in excellent physical condition. He had learned to like the idea of exorcizing in years past. Always training, always getting better.