Chapter 3: Confessions

CHAPTER 3

I was extremely excited to see other worlds with my best friends. But what killed me was rather if I should tell Riku how I felt or not. I was sitting on the paopu tree, looking at the fruit. Aqua told a little bit them. Those words came back to me:

"Somewhere out there, there's this tree with star-shaped fruit... and the fruit represents an unbreakable connection."

'If I can help Aqua can fight... those monsters... I can tell him how I feel!' I gathered up my courage and jumped off the tree to find him. I came to the cave the leads to the other side of the island. I found Sora, Riku, and Kairi... though I wish I hadn't.

"Hey..." I quiet down and stood next to Kairi. "So are they at it again?" I asked her and she nodded.

"It's a race!"

I giggled and looked over at Sora and Riku. Sora spoke, "If I win then I'm captain! If you win-"

"I get to share a paopu with Kairi!" my smile disappeared as my heart felt a million daggers went through it. Did he just say...? "Deal? The winner gets to winner share the fruit with Kairi!"

I couldn't believe what he was saying that. I closed my eyes and looked away. Tears fought for release but I fought against it. Instead, I smiled and looked at Kairi. Our eyes meet. She smiled at me and I turned my attention to the two practical brothers.

"Okay, on my count!" she started.

Riku smiled at me and I hesitated to smile back. When he frown at me, I realized he saw right through me- something he was able to do since we were little.

"3... 2... 1... GO!" Kairi shouted and they took off. I turned around and ran back to the other side to the secret place. We all knew who was going to win, anyways.

khkhkh

I walked into the hideout we use. I wasn't letting myself cry over silly shit like this. then I thought, 'I should have seen it coming... I'm not as beautiful as that girl.'

I looked at the drawing of me and Riku in which we drew of each other. I noticed there was a puddle of water on the ground and I decided to look into it. Instead of crystal blue eyes, I saw sapphire blue. Instead of braided light blue hair, there was short blue hair. It took me a minute to process this in my mind but I recognized her; Aqua.

"You're more beautiful than anyone, you just need to believe that." she said and I gasped. A single tear escaped from my eye to the water and my reflection was normal.

'Thank you, sis!' I smiled and touched the water. I stood up and looked down at the water. Suddenly I felt a tap on the shoulder and I spun around, ready to punch whoever it was.

"Whoa there, it's just me!" It was Riku and he was smiling. How can he smile? I lowered my fist and crossed my arms.

"What are you doing here?" I glared but mentally smacked myself for using the tone, body language, and words.

His smile dropped and he raised an eyebrow, "What am i doing here? What do you mean, 'what am I doing here'?"

"You know what I meant. Just answer the question." I was getting irritated.