Chapter 6: The Princess of Memory

CHAPTER 6

Sora's POV

I groaned as I sat up from my bed, only to find out... it wasn't a dream. I sighed in dismay. I heard Piri yelp in pain and looked towards the direction it came from.

"Ow, Yuffie..." she complained as a girl wrapped up her shoulder.

"You definitely over did it, again as usual, Squall!" she said to a man and he growled.

"For the last time, it's Leon." Piri giggled at this and finally looked at me.

"Sora!" she got up and hugged me. Her shoulder popped, "OOUCH!"

"I told you not to move," Yuffie said, "Now get back over here!"

Piri rolled her eyes and smiled, " 'Kay!"

As she rewrapped her, I saw the oversized key, along with Piri's keyblade and necklace, leaning against the wall next to Leon. "The keyblade..."

"We had to get the heartless off of us," she winced, "Yuffie! Too tight!"

"Wait, what?" I asked and Piri sadly looked to the ground.

"It turns out that how they were tracking you and your friend," Yuffie informed, who finish helping with her shoulder wrap.

"Good thing this isn't my shoulder I am using to fight with," Piri smiled and stood up.

"It's the only way to conceal your hearts from them. But it won't work for long." He said and Piri gave him a dirty look.

"I really don't like you!" she mumbled.

"What makes you think I like you, either?" she crossed arms and tapped her foot, looking away. He hmphed at this, "It's still hard to believe that you are the chosen princess, of all people." he said while picking up the necklace. Wait a second...

"WHAT? PIRI'S A PRINCESS!?" I shouted and they hushed me. I covered my mouth.

"Yeah, it's hard to believe, but nonetheless..." the necklace disappeared and reappeared around her neck. the two keyblades did the same and she handed me mine.

"Would you both shut it! I don't like this as much as you two do."

"How come you don't want to be a princess?" Yuffie asked.

"I'm not that 'princess' material, at all!" I sighed at this.

"Sure... but you are more responsible than I am! Plus, that's really cool."

"I guess," she frowned, "I just wanted a normal life!"

After an eerie silence, Leon started talking about the heartless, how there's darkness in every heart, and this guy named Ansem. I looked at Piri and a tear ran down her face.

"Grandpa Ice Cream..." she whispered, almost where I couldn't hear her.

"Piri?" she snapped out of her daze and shook her head.

"It's nothing." she smiled, "So, how did you know it was me?"

"The power you possess. Have you seen anyone's memories?" Yuffie asked.